• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just order 9.5 kilos of hay!

Kerryyyy

Mama Doe
Johnny just ordered some hay from hay for pets. He got the 9.5 kilos, I have no idea where I am gonna store it!

I was quite surprised at how small it was really.

Though it is still a lot of hay.

The delivery man wanted to know why I was buying grass when it grows everywhere... I honestly don't think he understood when I tried to explain that I don't have a big enough garden to make my own hay:lol:

I just ordered more timothy hay from them :D in the time I've finished the £12 bag I got for them to try, I still have nearly a full bag of meadow hay I bought a few days before the timothy hay and I clean them out everyday :lol:

We keep ours in the kitchen, it's not too bad. I quite like the smell! Beware if you have a house bun - they WILL bounce in it...

Luckily I have a cupboard I can store it in away from any naughty bunnies. :). I am just glad I found a hay that Pop will hoover. We tried the samples with her and she ate every scrap of it.

This sounds very daft I'm looking at ordering some hay from there mine adored the taster packs. How big are the different bags thinking storage and value for money!

This sounds very daft I'm looking at ordering some hay from there mine adored the taster packs. How big are the different bags thinking storage and value for money!

the hay is really good quality so I think it's fantastic value, ESP the ings hay which is sadly out of stock at the moment, I'm hoping it'll be back in stock by the time I'm running low again tho!

I have only bought the 9.5 bag before, and I have used about a third of my current load but I would guess the bag was about 70cm long 40cm wide and 50cm high. I may have overestimated a bit, but I hope that helps!

Last edited:

If you want value for money then get the £16 one :) I bought a £12 one so I could fit it in our storage shed thing because I bought a £16 of meadow hay a few days before and they wouldn't eat it so it's just to pad the litter tray out now. I went through the £12 bag of timothy and rye hay in 2 weeks but they eat it like it's going out of fashion :lol: I still have more than half of the £16 bag and received the new timothy hay today so they'll be okay for a while :lol:

Here's a pic of my bun in the bag :lol: this is a 9.5kg bag.

418725_10150978375213321_1538816578_n.jpg

Back