• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urine staining on fur ??

Lea-Anne

Warren Veteran
Is there any way to prevent this ? :?

I gave Frags a hair cut tonight and checked her underside. She has one urine stained foot and one pearly white foot. Eh? :?

Liquorice had clean back feet and urine stained front paws.

I clean their tray every day and the rest of the shed is just lino and hay is contained in a hay rack. They have a nest box which they don't mess in but go in. They 24hr access to their run ( on concrete slabs) via a cat flap. At night I think they sleep on the lino. I don't understand why or how they have such dirty feet :?:( Could it be their age, they are 7 and 6 this year ...

Is it Frags back leg that is stained ?

If so that *might* indicate that she is not able to adopt the correct position to urinate and arthritis in the hips can be the reason why.

my sox legs are abit stained this year, ive put it down to them not being able to get outside as much this summer with poor weather, but he only young,
so he has no issues with arthiritis etc

Is it Frags back leg that is stained ?

If so that *might* indicate that she is not able to adopt the correct position to urinate and arthritis in the hips can be the reason why.

Thanks Jane. I take pride in keeping them spotless, was gutted to see dirty feet.

Yes, and it's her who I've had 7 years but she came from a rescue so she could be older thinking about it. She was young but definitely full grown when I got her. So maybe 8... Thinking about it her feet were spotless at her vac time ( April) so this is only recent.

I'll talk to my vet next time I see her with V. :)

Back