• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Looking for a new husbun for Spudsey hand reared wildie

Beatrix Potter

Mama Doe
I'm looking for a new husbun for my hand reared female wildie Spudsey who is 5yrs old. My run area is smaller I believe than the recommended area its 6ftx5ftx2ft so only suitable for a small rabbit.

Spudsey has been bonded twice before, her last husbun died last month he was a netherland dwarf.
Though hugely protective of Spudsey and not keen on her going anywhere, due to time and space I think I will have trouble bonding her with another rabbit myself before winter, so if a rescue could possibly bond her for me if I give a donation that would be fantastic.

Would prefer someone who has some experience of a wildie if possible though experience of very skittish rabbits is fine! Just very worried about her freaking out and me not being there really.

Spudsey can be very dominant especially over any hidey holes and food, though it depends on the rabbit she is with, her first husbun was bigger than her and more dominant. She doesn’t like being handled, but does not bite and will take food out of your hand.

Not sure if I’ve posted in the right place, but if someone could help please pm me.

Thank you!

Where are you would probally help .....I have experience of wildies as got 3 myself and all I am saying they need fortnox to stop them escaping

OP has a northamptonshire location in her avatar etc

I think she is not looking for another wildie but a small bun to go with a wildie. Though obviously any rescue taking on the bonding will need to have fort knox like security as the wildie will be desperate to get out.

I think she is not looking for another wildie but a small bun to go with a wildie. Though obviously any rescue taking on the bonding will need to have fort knox like security as the wildie will be desperate to get out.

yep this :wave:

Suzanne, you know you have my offer of bonding help if you can't find a rescue willing to bond :wave: I still have the indoor cage :thumb:

as I was on my mobile earlier and on the mobile version on this it does not give where your from sorry

Hi thanks for the replies. Yes not looking for another wildie just a small bunny! Spudsey isn t an escape artist but liable to get freaked out easily and normally will dash from side to side rather than upwards! Had a chat with my oh this evening who would prefer us to bond her again ourselves, eek! And have come up with a couple of ideas. Georgey thats good news u still have the indoor cage as i too have also acquired one so thats a possibility. Going to keep my eye out for a new bun but will probably look at bonding sometime next month. If anyone has a suitable bunny though please pm me !

Back