• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Rabbit Weight

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help. I have two rabbits that are sisters and are 9months old. The mini lop weighs 2.1kg and the lion lop weighs 2.8kg. Is my lionlop overweight? I took her to the vets the other day for a check up and the vet never mentioned anything. She doesn't look overweight and you can still feel her bones! They get plenty of exercise because they are house rabbits. She always has plenty of hay and enough veg.

Thanks
Anna

Its hard to say without seeing the bun but as a rule you should be able to feel an outline of the ribs, but they shouldn't be sharp or protruding.

Thanks for replying!

Yes you can still feel her ribs and i know she's not underweight and shes very active so maybe i'm worrying over nothing!

: ) : )

Back