• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mischa is back at the vets today UD He's gone :(

Elena

Wise Old Thumper
...for another op on his ear. The abscess in the left ear healed up pretty well but the right one has spread quite a way into the inner ear so he's having another op today to cut away part of the wall of the ear to help it drain and to aid in keeping it cleaned out. He might have to stay in overnight as he took a while to come round last time and was quite lethargic that evening too.

We knew about this last week and he's been having extra pellets on his own to get some weight on him. I've worked out that as he's eating slower he's not been getting as many pellets as usual, which also explains why Mini is piling on the pounds!!

Here's hoping he gets through the op ok and is able to come home tonight.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone. I am busying myself cleaning their room as he's been leaving cecals, but I guess that's to be expected with abx, and also weeing under the bed on the blankets :(

Thank you everyone. I am busying myself cleaning their room as he's been leaving cecals, but I guess that's to be expected with abx, and also weeing under the bed on the blankets :(

I expect he has been feeling generally rubbishy :cry: Ear infections really are horrid :cry:

I expect he has been feeling generally rubbishy :cry: Ear infections really are horrid :cry:

They are :( And he's had so many of them :( He's been quite bright still but he's one of those who really hides any illness and carries on eating and begging for food. Even fresh hay :lol: So it's quite hard to tell when he's off though I've noticed he tends to sleep in the carrier when feeling under the weather.

Hes gone, he had two heart attacks when they put him under and the second one Mark couldn't bring him back from.

I'm utterly devastated. He was my heart bunny, he was so special. :cry:

I actually shouted 'No' out loud :shock: :cry: :cry:

I am so very sorry :cry:

I am sure that Mark did absolutely everything possible to try to resuscitate him, I bet Mark is gutted too :cry:

I know there are no words that will make your loss seem any more bearable :cry: I am sure that you feel as though you have been hit by a truck :cry:

RIP Mischa, you will be loved and missed so much xx

:cry:

No no no no no no :cry::cry::cry::cry:

I had a feeling about this earlier and I wanted to be wrong :cry::cry:

You must be broken :cry:

So deeply sorry Elena xxxxx

Back