• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Never again!

dutchbunny

Mama Doe
My sister is over from Holland today for the weekend. Now our house is ickle. Just about big enough for me and my OH. We got a spare room and that is it. Our dining room has become our bunny room. We had to transform the whole place as her, her hubby and her 2 little boys are coming to stay with us. The eldest potentially allergic to rabbits (he definitely is to cats). So my darlings are now at the in-laws.

Was a whole operation as they have a massive indoor cage which had to be taken apart and moved out through the back gate! Moses really upset by the time we got to the parents as he is a scardy cat! Just so we can transform our dining room back to its old glory and have a place to eat, and for the cots to be put.

Not doing that again. They'll have to wait till we are able to buy a bigger house. Waking up this morning and not seeing their little faces looking at me made me feel really sad and upset. Them begging for a little treat and Moses who comes running when I call his name.
Love my sister absolutely to bits and very excited about them coming over but happy for it to be Sunday and have my babies back home.

You really miss them when they're house bunnies and away for a day! I left my baby girl at home when I went away for a weekend, I was a complete sap and missed her lots, even though she was being looked after (and spoilt rotten by!) a neighbour. She obviously didn't feel the same way as she took the opportunity to chew my fridge cable :roll: I have also sneaked out of hospital to medicate her when she was ill. Whoops! ;) After she died I used to go into her room in the morning and start speaking to her when she wasn't there, they become such a big part of your life.

They'll be back home before you know it. If they are really stressy maybe some chamomile or Rescue Remedy would be a good idea? Hope you enjoy your time with your sis and her family :D

My mother in law sent a text this morning to say both were fine. Moses was sitting on top of the hutch and she was able to stroke him.
She did laugh at me yesterday when I got upset leaving them. Some people just don't understand do they. Moses and Watson helped me through an incredibly difficult time in my life and my husband has seen the change in me since we got them. So now when I have a moment I do feel sad he tells me to go and sit with them. Watson nudging me and tickling my face and Moses climbing on top of me, always makes me laugh again.

Can't wait to have them back. I always sing to them in the morning, the same thing, so they know I am up. Had to stop myself from doing that this morning.

Back