• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

ivermectin vs selamectin..anyone used stronghold on their bunnies?

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
one of our old vets came to work here from holland. She got out some stronghold and i said to her noooo its not licensed for buns.....but why she said...we use it all the time in holland....kills fleas..mites and ear mites all in one go no messy ear drops or injections course of ivermectin.

I have been using advantage for preventing fleas on the cats n buns....and used up the last three tibes of xeno 450 on baxter a few days back.

i need to grab a few mins on thenphone with one of thebthree bunny savvy vets....but i am curious.

Have you or anyone else you know used stronghold to either treat mites ear mites and fleas or prevent fleas by itself.......?

The only thing I've read about ivermectin vs. selamectin is ivermectin affects both host and parasite and selamectin does not. Although I have heard of vets using ivernectin on bunnies in the U.S.
I've just started using selamectin this year for the bunnies and so far it seems to work okay, but in my case I seem to need to repeat the doses every month. We're just having a hard time eradicating the pests. :(

thank you...ive read selamectin in some coutries s working better than ivermectin long term...who can say what o e our buns become too used to.

really? whats the worst pests that keep coming back to your buns?

if its fleas....try changing to advantage..i think its called Revolution elsewhere in the world. And track the source if the fkeas.

if its mites it might be an environmental issue ir if you havebither pets like cats or dogsvthey can carry them from the rabbit and give them back again! so just keep up the treatments as long as you can poss even do the cats or dogs.

treat all buns.....

its crazy but you have to doubke check every report etc to find out different ethods of eradicating pests and keeping them gone...and what harm does it do the bunnies......aaarghhhh

hope you find the source of your problem! x

Back