• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oops I seem to have put together a hamster cage...

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
Now why would I do that?! Only temp but was wondering what could I use while I construct something better... And noticed the cat carrier I got for the rabbits is perfect! It's pretty big for a carrier. It's all plastic and it's pale pink so not too dark inside and the front is clear plastic window with built in food bowls. It has vents all around but not too big so no escape acts :lol: managed to find some bits to put in, climbing things, made a rope ladder with some excel gnaw sticks I had!! Will be gutted if she's gone now :( may have to make a daytime trip, thankfully in my job as a nanny I can get away with it :lol:

That sounds like a Cabrio cat carrier. I have of those for my rats. Fine for vet trips/hammy holiday housing etc but I don't really think it's big enough for a permanent hamster home. Doesn't think it meets RSPCA minimum sizes.

That sounds like a Cabrio cat carrier. I have of those for my rats. Fine for vet trips/hammy holiday housing etc but I don't really think it's big enough for a permanent hamster home. Doesn't think it meets RSPCA minimum sizes.

Yep I did say only temp while I construct something better!! ;) Won't be in it for long, that's IF I get her :lol:

Just an update, decided not to get the hamster :cry: Been thinking about it all day and now shes not so fresh in my mind (believe me if I went to c her I'd be buying her!) iv decided I shouldn't. I hope she gets a nice home but I think I have enough on my plate with dogs, rabbits and piggy! Need to concentrate on them. It's prob the right thing to do but it's still broken my heart she was so beautiful and unusual :oops:

Just an update, decided not to get the hamster :cry: Been thinking about it all day and now shes not so fresh in my mind (believe me if I went to c her I'd be buying her!) iv decided I shouldn't. I hope she gets a nice home but I think I have enough on my plate with dogs, rabbits and piggy! Need to concentrate on them. It's prob the right thing to do but it's still broken my heart she was so beautiful and unusual :oops:

Probably the right thing to do :wave:
Once the rabbits are sorted it will be easier :D Syrians can be expensive so if you're saving for that hutch/run it would have taken a bit longer :lol:

Probably the right thing to do :wave:
Once the rabbits are sorted it will be easier :D Syrians can be expensive so if you're saving for that hutch/run it would have taken a bit longer :lol:

I know :( Very bad timing, just feel like iv got top much on my plate at the min. It was all meant to be sorted now with a trio happily in their new hutch and piggy moving out but it's all gone to pot! Not really the best time to take another pet :cry: Was gonna call her Tigerlily :love:

Back