• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What's the longest tunnel your rabbits have made?

Tinsel

Wise Old Thumper
Following a lot of activity by Certain Rabbits, I discovered that the burrow they have dug is now so long the broom handle doesn't reach down the end of it.... :shock: Suspect it's about 8 foot. Worrying in some ways - I can't reach any bun down there - but it's what they're designed to do and my "hard core outside 24/7 bun" (he's lived like that for four years and is mega-stressed in a shed or hutch) is sleeping down there, which must be a good thing with winter approaching....

Anyone else had experience of serious burrow building like this? :wave:

I've had a six footer. It started to cave at one side so I ended up filling it. It was really shallow as there was mesh stopping any deeper!

Oh- that was a wildie ^^

I've had a six footer. It started to cave at one side so I ended up filling it. It was really shallow as there was mesh stopping any deeper!

Oh- that was a wildie ^^

Hmm...some of mine seem to think they're wildies....:roll:

I suppose I should be glad the tunnel goes into the centre of the garden not out under a fence...:?

Mango Fattyharebit dug one that was at least 10 foot- she disappeared one day and I had to attach the night-vision baby monitor to an eight foot pole to try to see whether she was in there (still couldn't see her)- when she reappeared some hours later I had to block it off. I felt really mean doing it but the garden is only 15 foot wide :shock:

I've had a six footer.

Ouch :shock:

There is a fab video on YouTube of a bunny who is digging away. At the end the owner puts a camera down to see how far the tunnel goes, I'll see if I can find it.

I would just be concerned about predators, especially if he's sleeping down there. But I reckon most diggers would keep going for a fair few feet if you let them! Don't know what your setup is like but could he be branching off as well?

Yep..My Mrs.I went to pick her up just by the side of a hole and she went down one and popped up a few yards away...
Ive taken pics of broom handles not fitting but be warned..if they go down, they may not come out.Not for hours.Little sods.:lol:

Back