• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Storage Box - Pictures on page 2

Bailey:)

Warren Scout
Hello everyone :)

The first of my many bunny related packages arrived today. Just wanted to share my happiness with it as it is a lot bigger than I thought it would be :D

This is the item, for anyone looking for a storage box: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004L6O2XU/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00

I've got in a bin bag of hay, 2 travel cases, a small forage hay bag, my rabbit treats, spare bottle and bowls and three quaters of a pets at home large straw bag :D

My mother is quite happy that she has her kitchen areas back haha.

I can put up a pic tomorrow of the stuff fitted in nicely if anyone is interested in buying one :)

Last edited:
oo looks good, I saw something similar in b & q and was thinking of getting it. At the moment I have two bins but they are already full of things and I have no where for the bunny carriers.

This one is much bigger than it looks in the picture :) It's the perfect height for my buns as well, they love to jump up onto stuff and they've been exploring their new lookout post this evening.

The only con is that it is a pain to try and put up alone! :lol:

Will try to remember to get a picture of what i've managed to fit in :)

oo this looks good! im looking for a 'tidy' outside storage box for when i get the kennel! a pic to show the size, and size comparrason would be great! x

oo this looks good! im looking for a 'tidy' outside storage box for when i get the kennel! a pic to show the size, and size comparrason would be great! x

Will get one up tomorrow for you :) My outside light is broken so can't get one at the minute!

I've been thinking about getting something like this for garden & bunny bits so we can fully reclaim the conservatory once they move outside. Might be a silly question, but are there any gaps for spiders to crawl in and hide?? :oops:

I didn't see any gaps once it was up. During the building there's a few gaps but once it is sorted it's all good :).

Hopefully I didn't miss a gap, I hate spiders :(

Edit, I bought a spider chestnut spray thing a couple days ago. It's supposed to ward spiders away, so far it's been good. It won't scare away the spiders already there but once you've got rid of them all you should see the results!

oo looks good, I saw something similar in b & q and was thinking of getting it. At the moment I have two bins but they are already full of things and I have no where for the bunny carriers.

I give mine the carriers to play in, they use it as a ' base' and feel safe there, they go in very happily and makes vet trips a little less stressful as in a familiar setting

Be careful with the spider spray I've heard it's dangerous around pets and children, does the bottle have any warnings on it?

That's not a bad price, thanks, I need something like this!

Do you think it would hold a bale of hay?

I didn't see any gaps once it was up. During the building there's a few gaps but once it is sorted it's all good :).

Hopefully I didn't miss a gap, I hate spiders :(

Edit, I bought a spider chestnut spray thing a couple days ago. It's supposed to ward spiders away, so far it's been good. It won't scare away the spiders already there but once you've got rid of them all you should see the results!

Aah that's good thank you. I'm so jumpy with spiders. I convinced myself a huge one came out of our hay bale, so now get my OH to pull the hay out in at night and I can't see properly :lol:

Dave81 - It is all natural. It is only Chestnuts and Clover leaf oil. There are no warnings on the actual bottle and none online. It doesn't even harm the spiders, it deters them as they are don't like the smell :).

Debster - With everything i've managed to get in I would think so! Look out for my picture tomorrow and see what you think. You would probably have to break up the bale first as it's longer rather than wider

Aah that's good thank you. I'm so jumpy with spiders. I convinced myself a huge one came out of our hay bale, so now get my OH to pull the hay out in at night and I can't see properly :lol:

I totally get where you are coming from!! If I find any in the box tomorrow I'll report back! It is supposed to be water tight so i'm thinking "If a drop of water can't get in, a spider can't!" Right?! haha

There was a huge one I didn't see above the run door until I was ready to leave. I waited in the run as far away as I could from the door until my mum came to find me :lol:

Pictures as promised!

It is on the left, so you can see the size next to the hutch etc. My buns have no trouble jumping on top of it but Bailey loves jumping up on things anyway!

sam0681b.jpg

sam0669t.jpg

Here is what I got in, there is still room to put random stuff on top of it all. But it is very deep! There are 2 of the blue cases in there and a bin bag of hay underneath the hay on the left side as well.

((Newbabybuns - There are no spiders sighted so far! :))

sam0668y.jpg

And.. here are my babies having dinner :love: Lola is eating so fast that the veg is blurred :lol:

Thank you for posting the pictures! It really looks like a good buy! (Cute bunnies too!:love:) Glad you've not seen any spiders! I was thinking the same about it being watertight so they shouldn't be able to find a gap to get in. I was on pest control check at work today, I actively had to go and look for spiders :lol: could they have picked a worse person for that job :lol:

Back