• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

to all boarders

how did you get your boarding up and going? first guests etc...?

They were mostly people who had adopted from me and then word of mouth. (I don't advertise).

Word of mouth is better in my opinion so it depends if you want a full on big business with all of the issues that brings (people treating you badly/messing you around/not coming back to collect their rabbits i.e. dumping them etc) or if you want to keep it small and very manageable.

I know someone locally who does it as a full on business and advertises in pet shops/shop windows/internet and is always full.

i was thinking of keeping it small really but hopefully promote rabbit welfare as well so housing, diet, rescuing rather than buying etc... i have alot to think through though.

i was thinking of keeping it small really but hopefully promote rabbit welfare as well so housing, diet, rescuing rather than buying etc... i have alot to think through though.

I'd get your information to rescues in the area too then, because they will always get asked for recommendations.

My rehoming requirements include that people find appropriate places for their rabbits when the owners are away. Maybe other rescues do the same thing and would be glad of a suitable place to recommend.

Back