• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spot Sandra the gerbil

Lady Logamorph

Mama Doe
I was trying to get a picture of her but she wouldn't stay still and this is the best I got!

She has just turned four so I don't know how she manages to run so fast at that age!

7930271516_189474b769_z.jpg

2 Is quite young for a Gerbil to pass away really so you must have had some rotten luck. They tend to live to around 3-4 but can live to 5 years in some circumstances.

Love the blur pic :lol: I have so many of those!

her sister Susan died last year at age 3. I know I hate her being old i keep thinking I will find her dead all the time but she is still very mobile although I have had to add sandpaper to her stairs up to the top level because she kept sliding down them! She always managed them before so i assume its her little legs that are not as strong!

My gerbils lived to 7 :). At the end he was peppered with white and grey hairs all over his face ( he was jet black all over) :love:

Love the pic :lol:

7 :shock:

yes my Susan was black and had grey bits of fur on her too I think its really cute when animals go grey when they are old :love:

Awwwww! bless her :lol:

*off topic* your desk is beautiful, just the sort of style I'd love but can't afford!

She looks like a little ghost! :lol:

I hadn't realised gerbils live so long, but it makes sense, as spiny mice live a long time, and are much more similar to gerbils than mice.

Awwwww! bless her :lol:

*off topic* your desk is beautiful, just the sort of style I'd love but can't afford!

Hi Jemima, thats my daughters desk I have an even bigger better one! I get them off ebay really cheap (that one was about £25) it was plain pine and I painted it with a water based primer and then painted it in normal emulsion in ivory white over the top of the primer. I still need to paint the chair though its on my to do list. The last chest of drawers I painted I bought off ebay for £20, painted it and stained the top in a dark oak colour then sold it again on ebay for £90!

Back