• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Very Frustrated re neutering/vaccinating SSPCA buns

Minimallow

Wise Old Thumper
Phoned SSPCA to see if i were able to do some sort of continuous fundraising if they would be able to put it towards getting the rabbits there neutered/vaccinated as it's not something they do but any money raised would go into the main SSPCA "pot" so wouldn't get used for that purpose. So frustrating :(
In terms of minimum requirements for buns etc they also seem way behind what the RSPCA advocates.

No idea but I know for the SSPCA it's down to lack of funding why they don't currently do the vaccinations/neutering but i thought if i offered to raise money for it myself they would be able to accept it for that specific thing. :?

Good idea re RWA

I know that the SSPCA near Edinburgh do spay/neuter thier rabbits :) cant be certain of the other centres but I thought they had changed it so they all neuter/spay

I know that the SSPCA near Edinburgh do spay/neuter thier rabbits :) cant be certain of the other centres but I thought they had changed it so they all neuter/spay

They don't always :wave: I work there on and off, have done for years and they only introduced this recently. Paws Here is so much better for that. I have been trying to get them to liaise with each other on that. The SSPCA are much better now than a few years ago when most of the staff had no clue about rabbits and let a few snuffles cases pass untreated :evil:

Perhaps you could partner with a local vets instead and give vouchers to the local SSPCA for them to either use directly or pass on to the new owner for rabbit vaccination/neutering?

Perhaps you could partner with a local vets instead and give vouchers to the local SSPCA for them to either use directly or pass on to the new owner for rabbit vaccination/neutering?

I know they do vouchers for some vets, but (i think i mentioned in my other post) but even with a voucher for 15% off the spay of the female I adopted it was still £14 more expensive than my usual vet :?

They don't always :wave: I work there on and off, have done for years and they only introduced this recently. Paws Here is so much better for that. I have been trying to get them to liaise with each other on that. The SSPCA are much better now than a few years ago when most of the staff had no clue about rabbits and let a few snuffles cases pass untreated :evil:

I know they only have one slot a week but presumed they ony rehomed the ones they had had done!?
Sad to hear paws here is shutting :( they took in alot of buns

I know they do vouchers for some vets, but (i think i mentioned in my other post) but even with a voucher for 15% off the spay of the female I adopted it was still £14 more expensive than my usual vet :?

Well if you're willing to do fund-raising you could use the money raised to buy vouchers for 100% of the cost.

Well if you're willing to do fund-raising you could use the money raised to buy vouchers for 100% of the cost.

As I said any money etc has to go into the big "pot" and as you can't buy specific rabbit neuter vouchers, the voucher money would just go towards SSPCA costs and not for specificially for the buns.

As I said any money etc has to go into the big "pot" and as you can't buy specific rabbit neuter vouchers, the voucher money would just go towards SSPCA costs and not for specificially for the buns.

Not if you buy the voucher directly from the vets and just give it to the branch :)

When I got my buns yearrrrrs ago from the sspca in hamilton they spayed.
I hope you can manage to sort something out so they can start spaying neutering att he one near you :)

The SSPCA do not neuter or vaccinate up here in Aberdeen, in fact I do not know if they even have a minimum housing criteria.

The SSPCA do not neuter or vaccinate up here in Aberdeen, in fact I do not know if they even have a minimum housing criteria.

I don't think they do as far as i know :? I hadn't realised they were so behind the times to be honest until I went there.

I know they only have one slot a week but presumed they ony rehomed the ones they had had done!?
Sad to hear paws here is shutting :( they took in alot of buns

Paws Here are scaling down and moving out of the current premises to operate on a foster basis. So all the current residents will be fostered out to volunteer's homes and each time one is rehomed Paws Here will take someone else off the waiting list. So in essence they will be taking in less animals but they are not closing down completely. Boarding and pet supplies will no longer be offered however. It is a shame as they are a fab organisation and they have done so much over the last few years. Three of my wee monsters and former Paws Here buns so I'm very sad to see this happen too.

Back