• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Referred Agression

Janey

Warren Veteran
I have posted recently how I currently have a third rabbit in my flat, in a different room to my pair. However, despite being very careful with hand washing, door closing etc, Poppy can obviously still smell Pixie.

Last night and this morning Pop has been chasing Peter, no fighting (she's most def in charge and he knows it), however, Im a worrier and didnt want to leave them together today so Poppy is in the dog crate in their room.

Have I done the right thing? Im admitting defeat and taking Pixie to my parents tonight (im very sad), im hoping after neutralising the whole flat tonight after she's gone things will be ok. Am I risking the bond further by seperating? They weren't fighting, I just felt Peter was sick of being chased and I didnt want him to snap & it escalate. They can still see and really lie next to wach other.

I think a short break will be ok and hope all settles when Pixie has gone.

Thank you for the response. Typically when I got home they were side by side with the bars between them....I still don't fully trust Poppy though :roll:

i have had two pairs in the house for over a year and haven't dared try bonding yet. but they've usually been ok, because they first met in babyhood and have always been able to smell each other on me. this morning, charlie and matthew decided they wanted to fight, and when they couldn't reach each other, charlie chased cecile.

i picked him up (he's a cuddlebun, he doesn't run from being held) and told him off, then put him back and he settled. i've given cecile a good checking tonight and he hasn't been up to anything noticeable while i've been out. so i'm hoping that picking up worked as a technique. if he plays up, i'll have to separate him from his sister and they've never been apart since they were born, in 2006.

Back