• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone Tried Runaround?

FluffyBun

Warren Scout
Has anyone tried this system from Runaround? I'm adapting a very nice, hardly used shed for the bunnies. It is maybe unusual as we have a long garden overlooking the countryside, and as the shed had a window in and vernadah at the front, I placed it to face out across the fields, rather than into the garden. There is a flowerbed right behind it, and then the lawn, so to link shed with a run on the lawn, I think the runaround tunnels might work well. We will put the hole in the back wall of the shed (which faces into the garden).

Anyone tried this and what did you think of it? We will make the run ourselves. Will go as big as I can manage for that.

I have a 6 foot runaround tube linking the hutch to the run and it works really well. I love to hear them galloping up
the tunnel when it's food time; it's the most exercise they get! The people at runaround are very helpful if you need to
discuss anything.

I use builders pipe (runaround without the bunny logo!) instead of ramps in most of my hutch/run combo's and for the buns that live in shed to go from their internal shelves to the ground outside. I also use shorter pieces of the rigid piping through the ground level opening so they feel like they are going into a burrow and it helps stop any wind blowing through:thumb:

i have the tunnels,there are very good,the tunnels are not a bad price but i think everything else is very expensive

Yep, some of it seems expensive but as DIY is not my strength - or my husband's! - think if I get the door and the minimum amount of tunnel I need to get from shed to garden, can always add to it later, but that will be easier for me to do than trying to do it DIY. (Gonna make a homemade run as though we're not very handy, have made a duck run before when someone I knew 'rescued' an orphaned duckling then a day later, realised their one room flat wasn't the environment for it!). What Geoff's people says about the bit of rigid piping at ground level sounds like a great idea, though so think I will borrow that one! (Am assuming the piping I could buy at a builder's merchant/DIY place would be compatible diameter?)

My buns are English angoras, not massive, around the 5-6lb mark.

Thanks for answering - sometimes products look great in theory, but it's helpful to chat with someone who's actually done it, with these things, so your replies are really useful!

Last edited:
I have the runaround system and my bunnies love it :) we are also not good at DIY and would not trust my self to make anything :shock:, The website is a little confusing but they are really helpful if you ring them:thumb:

it was the tunnel door that swung it for me to buy . ok i could get builders pipe easy but how to make that join ultra secure and fox proof where it links to run? I was very impressed with the door - it is tidy and very strong.

I've got some bits and it is very good, just quite pricey. The doors are excellent quality so I wouldn't personally scrimp on those but I have just ordered some more bits to add to our current set up and have decided to buy some wire to attach the pipes to the mesh tunnels instead of their pipe clamps. The postage is steep presumably because of the size of the parcels, this latest order has cost £17 for delivery where as in the past it's cost £10 but this is a much bigger heavier order.
Because of the price I am just adding to our collection slowly, every couple of months adding a tunnel or a pipe.

Iv got the pipes for mine, well the pigs have them now because my buns are too big for it.

Im actually hoping to attatch 2 or 3 hutches together for my pigs using this pipe but unsure about which doors I need to order :?

I use builders pipe (runaround without the bunny logo!) instead of ramps in most of my hutch/run combo's and for the buns that live in shed to go from their internal shelves to the ground outside. I also use shorter pieces of the rigid piping through the ground level opening so they feel like they are going into a burrow and it helps stop any wind blowing through:thumb:

Where did you get your builders pipe from please? I've been looking but can't find it where it would be cheaper than a runaround pipe.

Where did you get your builders pipe from please? I've been looking but can't find it where it would be cheaper than a runaround pipe.

Will you hate me forever if I said it was being chucked out in a skip?:lol::lol:

ANy builders merchant should be able to help you, but tis always worth keeping an eye in building site skips! If you spot something just ask, I have never been told no yet:thumb:

Will you hate me forever if I said it was being chucked out in a skip?:lol::lol:

ANy builders merchant should be able to help you, but tis always worth keeping an eye in building site skips! If you spot something just ask, I have never been told no yet:thumb:

My son's best friend's dad is a builder, so I'll ask him next time I see him.:D

Back