• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Popys little quirks

DavidCummings

Young Bun
Hi all I was just wondering if anyone elses rabbits act like mine -

1 - if myself or my partner walk out of the room she follows
2 - i recently broke my wrist (knida) and she stayed near me right after i did it (she knew it was bad before we did she stayed close to me and kept licking the sore area if my partner lynn tried to come close she growled and scratched
3 - if we give her a carrot when shes in the house she picks it up and runs around with it to everyone as if to say look what i got!!!
4 - she licks us all the time
5 - she jumps onto the couch to get cuddles then runs off
6 - she runs circles around me (and only me)
7 - she comes when she is called
8 - she responds to "no bad poppy" or "no bad pop pops"
9 - she only wees and poos in her house not anywhere else she even if halfway through playing needs the loo she runs off and then returns after doing what she needs.
(one time she peed on the floor and sat there thumping her legs until we cleaned it up) (we couldn't shout at her for that though)
10 - she gets jealous and grunts if the budgies get feed before her and grunts at them if they get too loud

thats just a few of her little quirks

dave

Last edited:
They are all more or less rabbity type behaviour. They are family animals and you are her family and being treated as such. Do you think she would appreciate a rabbit friend?

That might have just been hormones kicking in a bit. Are you getting her spayed or has she already been done??

She's getting spayed in oct the vet wants her to keep some weight on first then her injections this month then two weeks later her op I'm dreading taking her!!

I asked cause you mentioned about her being nippy with other bunnies in the shop, she might have just been hormonal. If you are worried about her being spayed then there are a lot of threads on here that will help or speak to the vet. I know how you feel as I am a first time rabbit owner and my Poppy was spayed back in feburary. I was a bag of nerves too.

Back