• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Having a bit of a dilemma in my head.

Kerryyyy

Mama Doe
I was outside with Pop and Sam earlier and I was watching them binky, run around and look happy. And it got me thinking if Patchies and Milly bonnd would they be better outside??

I know bunnies can live happy as house bunnies but I have seen a big change in both Sam and Pop since being outside. They have lost weight and they are far more active and happy. Plus Patchies is a dental so would he be okay outside?? I know how Johnny will feel if I spoke about putting them outside later, as he wasn't keen on Pop and Sam going out in the first place.

What would you do in this situation??

Can you let them take it in turns?

I have two pairs and i have one pair in the house half the day and the other pair outside then swap them so they get a bit of both inside/outside time. One of my rabbits Bluebell prefers inside though for some reason she is always trying to get in and she sits in the most annoying place on the matt just in the back door. She doesnt move for people either so you have to step over her and down a step :lol:

Swapping them from house bunnies to outside bunnies in this weather could make them poorly.
Also swapping with newly bonded bunnies might spark a fight. (as in Patchies and Milly, but I don't think Sam and Poppy would like it either) :)

If they are happy indoors when bonded then have them indoors :) you can always see in the summer if you have a run or something for them how they react through the day, but if they're happy in the house and you don't want to spend any more money at the minute on more accommodation then you might as well have them in :) they wouldn't be able to go outside at the moment anyway :D

Last edited:
I should have put that they wouldn't be going out if they do until next summer. Milly still needs to be spayed as she isn't old enough until november. So when she would be ready for bonding in january and that's not a good time to put them out. I know that.

I should have put that they wouldn't be going out if they do until next summer. Milly still needs to be spayed as she isn't old enough until november. So when she would be ready for bonding in january and that's not a good time to put them out. I know that.

Ah :) well, whatever you want to do, do it :D have them inside for a while and see if you want them indoors, I suppose you could get a temp outdoor set up and see how they are but I don't know if that would be okay. Not sure :) I wish Donny and Lola were indoors but they're very happy outside :) whereas Poppy and Leo love it indoors :) maybe they can decide :p

I think I am gonna struggle finding a bonder that will do two indoor bunnies. :?. I would like to have them bonded as soon as Milly is able to so that we can maybe have a little trial with both in the summer, but I am gonna need an experinced bonder cause I wouldn't feel safe doing it with Patchies.

Back