• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Esther and Michael Have a New Enclosure

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Bitter sweet really, they have more space now as John-Boy's spirit needs no base...........................

Rabbits115.jpg

Rabbits117.jpg

Rabbits118.jpg

Rabbits119.jpg

Rabbits122.jpg

I dont leave the tunnel in there if I am not in the room as they are both chewers and the last thing we need is one of them to ingest some material and get a gut obstruction.

btw Jane, how do you get round referred aggression with so many buns in close proximity? My loved up buns chase and get nasty with each other when another pair are out, even though I try and blockade it with panels and covers etc. :cry:

btw Jane, how do you get round referred aggression with so many buns in close proximity? My loved up buns chase and get nasty with each other when another pair are out, even though I try and blockade it with panels and covers etc. :cry:

Depends on the Bunnies. Some are fine with other Rabbits around. With those who make moves to kick off I use a solid partition for several weeks as well as putting olbas oil on the top of the partition, too high up for anyBun to lick or chew, to mask 'other Rabbit' smells. Once all is calm with only hearing other Rabbits I leave off with the Olbas Oil and then let them get used to 'other Rabbit' smells. Then in time I can gradually remove the solid partition.

To be honest the above is worst case scenario here as they all seem to accept that the Warren is shared and referred aggression has not been a major problem..........so far !!!

Same here Kipu has had a nasty go a Nuala today simply because Bugsy was out in the run within eye and nose distance :(

The new enclosure looks great Jane :thumb: but as you say it's bitter sweet :(

I'll have to try the Olbas Oil trick - 2 are out at the mo, Noodles & BJ cannot see them but it's kicing off :cry:

They do this then a few minutes later, they're snuggled up.

Tanya - do you find that?

Oh Jane that must have been really hard for you emotionally.

Its a wonderful big space. I do leave Mr B alone with 2 tunnels and he has chewed off all the ribbons. :oops: I don't think he bothers with the tent part. The others were not interested in their tunnel at all, so gave it to Mr B.

Esther and Michael seem very pleased. I see Michael is happy in his pot. :love:

That's awesome! :love: and so much hay! :love: if I could find a supplier with a regular stock of decent hay I would like to do the same, but hay quality seems to be terrible in these parts :(

I dont leave the tunnel in there if I am not in the room as they are both chewers and the last thing we need is one of them to ingest some material and get a gut obstruction.

They are not chewers Jane; they just behave just like any rex (or wrecks :?) bunny would. :p
They are both gorgeous and I'm sure that they are happy with their set up.:love::love::love::love:

Back