• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

People with fluffy bunnies who use fleece/blankets

HoneyBear

Mama Doe
How do you wash them?!
I'm fed up of all my clothes being covered in fluff as currently I put them though the wash!
No matter how much I shake them/air them/rinse them before they still leave a mess!!

I get off as much as I can with my hands before putting in the wash. And then when it comes out still damp, pull as much more off as I can! It is never ending :lol: Could use one of those roller things that you use on clothes I guess, but I'm too lazy to bother :lol:

I get off as much as I can with my hands before putting in the wash. And then when it comes out still damp, pull as much more off as I can! It is never ending :lol: Could use one of those roller things that you use on clothes I guess, but I'm too lazy to bother :lol:

I've tried one of the roller things as have to use them on my clothes before I got out! Theres just to much on the blankets thou for it to work!

How do you wash them?!
I'm fed up of all my clothes being covered in fluff as currently I put them though the wash!
No matter how much I shake them/air them/rinse them before they still leave a mess!!

Hello, :wave::wave:

I have this problem with my clothes, have you tried brushing them down with a clothes brush? I usually brush my clothes with the clothes brush and it removes all bunny hair, and i have 11 rabbits. (5 bunnys mine and 6 BARC'S).

or replace the fleece/blankets with news paper or hay?

hope this will work for you :D X

brush off what you can with lindt brush, stick in an old pillow case tie a knot and put in washer :wave: of a laundry bag and tie that up and put in washer :thumb: washes their fleeces and keeps human clothes hair free and save the washing machine from blocking

I use a washbag designed for horse tack. I often give smaller fleeces a quick brush first to get the worse off.

Hubby brushes all the hair off with a rubber clothes brush, gets all of it off, then in a net bag in the washer.

I wet my hands, then rub them over the blankets, this gets all of the fluff off! I then stick them in the wash and they're fine :wave:

i sometimes use fleece for my piggies. i shake what I can into the wheely bin and then put them inside one of these bags to wash http://www.amazon.co.uk/Petwear-Lau...7JN8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1346684031&sr=8-1

They are really good and you just turn the bag outside in when you're done, shake it outside and hang it on the line to dry :D They really work. Don't think I have found a single piggy hair on any of our clothes (I do them in a separate wash from our clothes though)

Back