• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

help my trying to work out which is best has melted my brain i swear!

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
Ok my dilemma..too many bunnies....needing mite treatment. Only Baxter is seen to have it but the cats could cross spread it...in theory but i guess so could we.

instead of ivermectin jabs in the past i used ivermectin drops by a company called pharmaq. they changed their amounts and i got confused! Now i have found the bunny one again. I also use xeno 450. now heres the problem.....i have treated baxter with xeno 450.....3 tubes as hes well on his way to 6kg. Now i need to do bluebell....5.5kg.......upstairs we have merlin,lily and hunnybunny ranging from 2.5 and 2.75 kg....and phoebe whos the biggest small bunny....i reckon shes nearer the 3kg mark...shes a big dwarf lop!

will it be more economical to use xeno 450 on all of them..or the pharmaq ivermectin drops? considering i think i should treat baxter and bluebell again after two weeks and then two weeks more...like the injections do. Bluebell had canaural for her ear infection and a few earmites..how shes thebonly one with them we do not know!! im figuring the drops for close together repeat dosing....but i dont know...how much of a 5ml bottle is 10 drops!!

help!!

when i had bif bertie willow and bandit it was cheaper for the drops....bif had terrible case of mites..the others were lear but they all lived in the lounge in direct contact. the jabs never killed her mites..i bought the ivermectin drops...back thenwas a purple bottle and i think different strength. It cleared her mites with one application but inrepeated two weeks later to be sure.

how on earth do i work it out for two frenchies and four smallish buns?!

Sorry hun, I only have experience Ivomecing Big beasts so have a large tolerance for the doses. my info is worked out in terms of 50+ kgms :shock:
I'm sure someone with experience or at least a better grasp of maths than me will be along shortly;)

This calculations malarky is my worst nightmare. I hate maths.
But bumping this up in case some one on here will know!

Thank you guys..i appreciate it.x

im learning by heart each buns baytril dose by the way....im writing down the labels!!

metacams easy cos its up to three times the body weight....

why on earth does sorting out mite drops become so hard....my maths is a sore subject...but ive always got by until something like this! :oops:

I would work out how many drops you need per bun, add them up and then see how much it would cost for each option. Whichever is cheapest is your answer! :)

When I was in the lab I was told that 5ml = approximately 60 drops allowed to fall naturally (ie not squeezed) BUT that was for de-ionised water. Any other liquid could have been different???

this really s a conundrum isnt it!?

im seeing our bun vet hopefully lily can be ok till then..in the morning...ill ask her..shell love me for that lol

Back