• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fleur is here!

bumblicious

Warren Veteran
Oh my god we woke up this morning to find the kitchen skirting board - or kick board as the landlord calls it- was away from the side and Fleur one of the cats was nowhere to be seen. She must be under the floorboards. No noise though so she could have been anywhere. OH woke up abotu 6 this was. After waking me up and us both searching she definitely must have been under floorboards. Rang RSPCA who said put fishy food where the opening is and 9 times out of 10 cats come out with that. Did that and warmed up so smell's stronger waited but no sign. Rang them back just before 12 (Fleur could have been gone all night as last time we saw her was 12am when we went to bed). They passed it onto an officer who rang a bit later and said we have to try get floorboards up to give her some more room first before they'll come out if they do. There are fitted kitchen units on top of the floorboards where she got in and we could do this we didn't have tools or anything. I mentioned it's rented house and she said I've got to get permission from landlord to get floorboards and kitchen units up otherwise if they did come out they'd be done for not having that.

So rang landlord who is a horrible person (very mild term for how I feel about him). Told him Fleur's got under the floorboards because the skirting board wasn't fixed right (meaning it's his fault for not fixing it right which is also what RSPCA said) and we need his permission to take floorboards up etc. I think his initial reaction to this was anger but he has the sense (amazing!) to realise this was not the time as I was panicking here and said can I ring chris north the estate agents! Now the only reason I rang landlord was because it's an emergency and we know from past experience that there's no emergency number for them when they're closed apparently you just email and they pick emails up all the time - I'm not going to email when my cat's under the floorboards!Told him about this and this is an emergency that's why I'm ringing you. He said can you wait 10-20 mins I'll come round but then Fleur came out! Oh my god the relief her white bits are a bit black and I squeezed her to me I was so pleased to see her I don't think she liked that lol. I love her so much. I really thought she wasn't going to come out.

Ruthie xxx

aww im glad she came out :), there sure know how to give us heartattacks these animals though lol

Yes thank god she's safe. I am so happy. Although I think I need a drink now ha! OH has put a fix on the skirting board he's just put a nail in both ends of it which means she can't do it anymore. Hate the landlord so much if it wasn't loose this wouldn't have happened.

Ruthie xxx

Back