• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Metacam Bottles

Agreed!! I kinda wiggle it now and eventually it comes off, fed up of breaking nails trying to get the top off!

I've meant to ask in the past "Is it just me?" but obviously it isn't. It's the adult proof top that's the problem :roll: I do Artie's Metacam at night so I'm normally tired when I'm having a fight with a new bottle, which doesn't help any. I never put the top back on either, once I've prized the darn thing off, it stays off :evil:

I've meant to ask in the past "Is it just me?" but obviously it isn't. It's the adult proof top that's the problem :roll: I do Artie's Metacam at night so I'm normally tired when I'm having a fight with a new bottle, which doesn't help any. I never put the top back on either, once I've prized the darn thing off, it stays off :evil:

The actual top I'm fine with, it's the bit in the top of the bottle which fits the syringe for dogs but not a normal syringe.

Cos only dogs and cats need painkiller of course :roll:

I usually swap the cap over as I had one off an abx ear drop bottle that I sterilised and it fitted the Metacam Bottle perfectly. It screwed and unscrewed with ease (actually that sounds wrong ..........:oops:) But I stupidly disposed of it along with the previous bottle of Metacam. I had forgotten how :censored: annoying the original cap is !!

ive always found it fine :oops::lol:

(however none bunny related, the stickers on powder bottles can;t get them off, and the stuff they wrap round mouthwash bottle top, ii can get them off either :lol:)

I've thought of doing this, but the problem is that you have to 'shake before use'. :evil: I understand that they are trying to protect children, but what about grown ups? I keep thinking that if (or when) I get arthritis, I'll never be able to open a metacam bottle. :(

I just draw some into the syringe provided.... then a 1ml syringe fits perfectly into that... and surplus just squirts straight back into the bottle.
I too got fed up of breaking nails :oops:

Is it just me who sits there spinning the bloomin lid round and round trying to get the lid off...THEN has exactly the same problem closing it back off!!

i agree...arthritic fingers and the metacam lid...not a good pairing!

maybe i should get my little grandaughter to do it for me and i will have to keep her here permanently to do that for me pmsl.

Back