• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any spare vibes please? update she's eating!

Minimallow

Wise Old Thumper
Just had Ruperts new wife spayed as got her from the SSPCA and they don't neuter buns. Got her back around 4pm but she's not eaten anythiing yet and no sign of poos. Any advice on any way to encourage her would be helpful and lots of pooping and eating vibes please. She was a little cold earlier so I cosied her up in this towel here but she's feeling very sorry for herself bless her :(

Picture198.jpg

Picture201.jpg

Picture199.jpg

Last edited:
Aww bless her. Sending loads of vibes.

When Matilda was spayed I know that I offered naughties like carrot. I also offered loads of fresh herbs.

Fingers crossed she perks up soon.

Mega mega vibes. It seems very common for girls not to eat after their spay. Hopefully she will be back to her old self in the morning.

Aww she's very cute :love: how long have you had her? Do you know her fave foods? When Honey was spayed I put a little buffet in front of her of everything that she liked. The first thing she ate though was hay, so make sure she has a nice pile of fresh yummy hay right in front of her nose :wave: and don't worry too much, if she only came home at 4pm I wouldn't expect her to be eating yet anyway, Honey took quite a while. Hopefully she will have a little nibble before you go to bed. Do you have a snugglesafe or something similar to help keep her warm? :wave:Sending tons of nomming vibes xx

Aww she's very cute :love: how long have you had her? Do you know her fave foods? When Honey was spayed I put a little buffet in front of her of everything that she liked. The first thing she ate though was hay, so make sure she has a nice pile of fresh yummy hay right in front of her nose :wave: and don't worry too much, if she only came home at 4pm I wouldn't expect her to be eating yet anyway, Honey took quite a while. Hopefully she will have a little nibble before you go to bed. Do you have a snugglesafe or something similar to help keep her warm? :wave:Sending tons of nomming vibes xx

Hiya yes she has a lot of different things around her. When I've had other females spayed they are normally eating and at least pooed by now which is why I'm more worried than usual. I don't have a snugglesafe but she's got lots of padded blankets and I felt her and she's not cold anymore. Thanks for the advice.
Thanks for the vibes/replies everyone.

My girls did this, think they like to make us worry! They refused their bunny buffet aswell, so I literally had to wave dandelion leaves and grass in their faces until they were cross and tried to move it away with their mouths. Once they did that I think they realised it was something yummy and gobbled it up. I think it sparked their appetite as they started eating by themselves then.

Hope she is feeling better soon xx

Hope she is feeling better this morning.

I've had 2 girls spayed in the past, and neither of them ate for around 24 hours. Dandelions were the first food they would eat.

Morning everyone. She's still not good. I've phoned the vet to let them know but she's looking a little brighter and has had a drink of water which she didn't touch before now. I'm going to get some grass and dandelions to see if it tempts her. If she's still not eaten in a couple of hours I'm going to have to phone vet back.
Again thank you for the thoughts x

Has she had enough painkiller? Some vets don't advise follow up pain meds but they're really necessary. Good that she's drinking though. Blackberry leaves may be worth trying too... :wave:

Hope she eats soon. I know that terrible anxious period after a spay, I completely stressed out and ended up taking Cutie-pie back to the vets and leaving her for 2 nights, was only meant to be one night, but OH couldn't get there in time due to traffic.

I am sure she will be fine. I know its not easy with worrying. Sending your lovely girl eating vibes. xxx

Has she had enough painkiller? Some vets don't advise follow up pain meds but they're really necessary. Good that she's drinking though. Blackberry leaves may be worth trying too... :wave:

Agree 100%

A spay is so much more invasive than a castrate

I hope she starts to feel better soon xx

I have some metacam here which I've given her. I was wondering how long should I leave it before maybe trying to syringe feed her some mushed pellets or something? Really don't want her to have to go back to the vets as she's been through a lot and just want her to be settled :(

I've got some zantac that's in date too - should i give this to her to try and help get things moving?

Back