• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my new bunny biting

jane76

New Kit
hiya all hope ur all well, ive had a new bunny only a couple of days ago, shes tiny and beautiful we were told she has a affectionate nibble but upto yet shes bit my daughter and my partner in which she drew blood with him, shes only 4 months old and just wondering if anyone could offer any advice at all
many thanks in advance

Hi :wave:

She may feel you are invading her space so needs to tell you that :)

It's only been a few days so give it time :) sit on the floor and let her come to you. (they are prey animals so like to keep all paws on the ground :)) When she is old enough I would reccommend you have her spayed :wave: not only for the health benefits but it will help towards getting rid of some of that hormonal aggression which may be an attributing factor :) It also means you could get in touch with a rescue 6 weeks after a spay and they can help bond her with a boyfriend :) when rabbits have their own company, it seems to mellow them in my experience with my 2 :) as well as give them a friend who speaks their language :) they are very social animals :p

When I had my first rabbit she was in a small hutch (has her own room now!) and she was territorial, I think because she was in a small space didn't help! So plenty of exercise and allow her to explore her new surroundings and her new family :D

Last edited:
When she bites is it because your trying to pick her up?

Jezebel will bite me really hard if I invade her space to try and pick her up to check her out.

no she was sat on my partners knee and he was stroking her then she just bit him, shocked him more than anything but made him bleed, it was so unexpected,shes a beautiful girl will have try get a pic on here of her xxx

hello :wave:

Excellent advice as always from Aly&poppy and dave81.

I have been lucky with my two with regards to biting but I do know how annoyed my boy gets if I enter his pen for cleaning etc and he thumps his foot which is understandable I guess.

What is your set up like?

Oh and a baby bun pic would be lovely :) :) :love:

Back