• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do your buns resemble what you've names them after?

luvabun

Warren Veteran
A couple of mine do................... I think ..................

Bit of a punk rock theme going on but (same eyeliner :lol:) - Billie-Joe

BJ.png

Breakfast034.jpg

and then................. Same sort of salt and pepper hair/fur? - Noodles

noodles.jpg

Breakfast025.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

I didn't name my bunnies after anything, I've always wanted a rabbit called Beano after reading a book with one in and it's unusual ish. Gordon was named that at honeybunnies and I like it/it suits him and Boris my sister named him, Boris the belgian hare and cos she thinks it suits him:lol:

Temperance.

tem·per·ance
   [tem-per-uhns, tem-pruhns] Show IPA
noun
moderation or self-restraint in action, statement, etc.; self-control.
habitual moderation in the indulgence of a natural appetite or passion, especially in the use of alcoholic liquors.
total abstinence from alcoholic liquors.

546583_10151771977410065_51166210_n.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

I didn't name my bunnies after anything, I've always wanted a rabbit called Beano after reading a book with one in and it's unusual ish. Gordon was named that at honeybunnies and I like it/it suits him and Boris my sister named him, Boris the belgian hare and cos she thinks it suits him:lol:

:wave: I call all spiders Boris :oops:. plus I thought I didn't like Kikis name at first as it didn't "fit" in with my theme but it does suit her and Kiki Dee singing "don't go breaking my heart" sort of makes it fit :oops::lol:

Hmmm yes and no.

Bilbo and Frodo are named after hobbits with dark curly hair. Hobbits are small, live in burrows and love their food. Frodo is dark, Bilbo is white but both are small, like burrowing and eating. Neither of them have curlies though :lol:

Orla's name means golden princess, she is a gingery gold Dutch so yes, Donovan means dark leader and he is a black Dutch so again appropriate. Snowy Snowdrop is white and evokes her name too. Nori is named after a dwarf in The Hobbit and he is small and likes to dig/burrow/mine so possibly appropriate. He is a blue dutch.

Maisie is a pet form of Mairead which means pearl but she is an agouti lop.

Mona means little noble one in Gaelic. She is a medium sized black fiery bun and my oldest bun ages 10.5 years.
Elidore means lad of the pixies in Gaelic and he is a broken grey English spot wildie cross. He has a wilful wildie temperament and is petite and mischievous a bit like a pixie I suppose.
Emrys is Welsh for immortal which entirely inappropriate of course. He is very big, grumpy and opal coloured and currently enjoying a mid life crisis.
Merri alternates shy and grumpy and is nothing like his name. He is a wildie/English/cross with agouti brown markings. The only person he loves is Nori :love:

not sure if they resemble their namesakes but i had/have a bit of a punk theme going on with some of my pets.
buns; polystyrene (from x ray spex)
dylan (as in bob)
buddy (go buddy go!)

i also recenty lost a dog called Sid, when we got another (and we still had Sid) i wanted to call her Nancy but my OH said it was 'tacky' :(

we had fish called joey, johnny, tommy and deedee too. :lol:

Well my girl was named Matilda by my daughter who was then 4 as she loves 'Matilda' by Roald Dahl. I guess Matilda is quite intelligent and does like books. (to eat and destroy)

Kyle was called Kyle when we adopted him so not sure really.

I didn't really name Lola after anything, though I do love the song 'Copacobana'. :lol:
She was called Lilley Moo before i rescued her, but I don't think it really suited her.

Ummm not really ...

Vincent Van Gogh

index-1.jpg

Vincent Van Gogh

P1040359.jpg

I like your likeness's though :thumb::lol:

Stephen-Fry.jpg

DSCN1123.jpg

:lol: I don't think so!!
Although Stephen Fry is intelligent, funny, quirky and Stephen is certainly those things!
(I didn't name him so am not entirely sure he was named after Stephen Fry but think he was)

Back