• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Zeus wants his wool back!

LeiiMaa

Warren Scout
Zeus, My angora, is really coming round after his bout of diarrhoea he has last week!

I keep all of the wool that comes off him during grooming and put in it in zip lock bag until I'm ready to spin in! This bag goes in "Zeus' box" which has: His wool, 3 brushes, 3 combs, his scissors in their case for trimming and as of recently, a bag of excel junior pellets ...

When I got Zeus he was being fed of wagg musli, I was just settling him in and then he had a bad tummy so I couldnt start his food change over, However I've started it this week and I've never seen anything like it! Zeus has worked out his pellets are kept in his box and tries to dig at the box and get them out! When I open the lid he jumps in the box and attacks the bag. When I try to feed him he's nudging his head into my hand to eat out of it before I've put the pellets in his bowl!

This makes it difficult to put his wool in his box when I'm done grooming him, because he thinks its food time! :lol:, my friends were round and they watched him attack the bags and they thought he was trying to get his wool back :lol:

I havent got any photos of him attacking his food bag, but heres some others! :D

I did bun-proof the wardrobe, Zeus disagrees and managed to drag everything out from under it ... don't let that cute face deceive you!
DSC_1947.jpg

His royal highness in all his freshly groomed glory!
DSC_0499.jpg

DSC_0509.jpg

DSC_0514.jpg

DSC_0480.jpg

Leii - he is beautiful! Same colour as my Terry. They take quite a while to get the little furnishings (tasselly things) at the end of their ears. Absolutely lovely bunny!

Wow!! He is so handsome!!! I love how his ears are bent over at the tips!! Is that an Angora thing? I thought they just got fluff balls on the tips of their ears :p Lilly is going to be so annoyed at me tomorrow when I'll be bending her ear tips over and squeeling at her to tell her how cute she looks :lol: (actually she'll probably enjoy it, she quite likes an ear massage :p)

He's soaking up all these compliments! :love::love: I do love him to pieces.

He's got such a personality! [He looks very calm and composed on all of these photos! Not the mischievous little bun that he is!] I lock him in his dog crate at night as he's not 100% litter trained yet and has a tendency to try and open my wardrobe and pull all of my shoes out of the bottom ... [So I need to get a lock!] and he managed to squeeze through the gaps in the corners to come out and play with his stuffed bear thing. I physically couldn't believe he squeezed through there!

Yeah *Funny*Bunny* He's an English Angora, A few people warned me before getting him that they take up so much time grooming etc, and that he could get matts in his fur and hay and all sorts mashed in there, but I completely disagree with them. He's the most lovingly, trusting, playful bunny I've ever kept and he doesn't take up anymore time then any of my other buns! He loves being groomed and being fussed over! :lol:

He's soaking up all these compliments! :love::love: I do love him to pieces.

He's got such a personality! [He looks very calm and composed on all of these photos! Not the mischievous little bun that he is!] I lock him in his dog crate at night as he's not 100% litter trained yet and has a tendency to try and open my wardrobe and pull all of my shoes out of the bottom ... [So I need to get a lock!] and he managed to squeeze through the gaps in the corners to come out and play with his stuffed bear thing. I physically couldn't believe he squeezed through there!

Yeah *Funny*Bunny* He's an English Angora, A few people warned me before getting him that they take up so much time grooming etc, and that he could get matts in his fur and hay and all sorts mashed in there, but I completely disagree with them. He's the most lovingly, trusting, playful bunny I've ever kept and he doesn't take up anymore time then any of my other buns! He loves being groomed and being fussed over! :lol:

What people don't always realise is that angoras have been bred for centuries (one of the oldest if not the oldest breed of rabbit) specifically to be combed, and sit calm on you - so they tend to have very friendly and laid back personalities as in the past, an angora who didn't like to be handled, would have been no use to anyone. Some are livelier than others and like all bunnies, they have their own distinct personalities (my Nigel is much shyer than Albert, for example but both will sit on my knee for an hour at a time, quite happily, to be groomed).

Took mine ages to get their ear furnishings.

Back