• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Write a letter to your rabbit

Schtoffen

Mama Doe
I was thinking this last night and thought it might be a nice idea for a thread. If you could (and yes, I know it's impossible!) tell your rabbit/s something, what would you tell them?

I'll start.

Dear Marmalade,

I have loved getting to know you these past two years. When you were small you were so naughty and bouncy, then you were teenage and grumpy and now you have your friend Toast you're such a mellow and good bun.

I want to tell you that you are a very special boy. I know that since Toasty arrived she's been the centre of attention because she's such a gorgeous girl and she's way more out going than you.

But you're still my original and number one bun. You're so soft and nice. You let me pick you up and cut your claws. You sit still for ages having a nice nose rub (until Toast comes over and spoils it!). You come when I call you. I love you loads my special ginger boy. And when I call you fat I'm only doing it in an affectionate way! :)

Love Your BunMum xxx

I tell them this sort of stuff everyday...:lol:

Id love to write to Lily, my Bridge bun though.....Perhaps Ill get the Tweets to take it up.......

What a lovely thread!

Dear Moses,

My beautiful Moses. My life has changed since your furry face entered my life. From the moment I saw you, I knew you were my bun. Through the last few difficult months, your weird antics have made me laugh when I felt like crying and if I need cheering up, all I have to do is lie on the floor so you can sniff and tickle my face. I cannot imagine my life without you. You are my beautiful boy and I hope with all my heart you will become the worlds oldest bun so I can have you with me for many years. I love how you look after my Watson. How, when she's naughty and you know we are telling her off, you know what to do to make her stop again. I wish you both would allow me to cuddle you more than you do now. I wish you both would STOP EATING everything you shouldn't just so you could walk through the house freely. I wish we were already able to buy a house as I got the most amazing bunny paradise in my mind for you both.

More than anything, I wish for you both to be my beloved buns for a very long long time. I'd give you a cuddle after writing this, but you won't let me. :love:

Last edited:
Dear Tia

You are such a brave brave girl, and I hope you know how special and truly amazing you are. You didn't have the best of starts, and I knew the moment I set eyes on you that I wanted you to love rupert and come and live with us. I hope you love your spacious home, I want you to feel safe, no more fear, no more pain, just love and happiness.
The first time you stood up on your back legs, you seen me cry... I was crying because I was soooo proud of you Tia, I know your legs ached, and your back too, I feel sooo happy that I have helped make your legs and back feel lots better. I love your binkies, they're even more special that your Rupert's because I know that it took you a long time to learn to jump!
Thank you for letting me stroke your furry litte face and ears! I know it's a big deal for you to trust me enough to let me do that.
Please don't be scared of Daddy, he loves you just as much as I do, he will never ever hurt you, and we both will never ever let anyone hurt you ever again Tia, I hope you know that... and when you get scared of men on TV - they can't get you either missus, they're just a picture.
You make me smile every day, you keep me going.. when I've laid awake all night, you're little face waiting for me in the morning makes me feel wide awake and ready to go, and after a long crappy day at work, I know you're going to be sat at your shed door waiting to be out, waiting for your herbies and greeky! You know there'll always be herbies for you Tia, don't you worry about that.
Thank you for being you Tia, we both love you, just the way you are little lady.
Love you millions Cheeky Girl! :love:

Dear Rupert

My big boy.... Daddy and me love you sooo much, you are such a funny, loving, cute bunny. you have the cheekiest bunny face in all the land, and you have the most beautiful bunny markings I have ever seen.
I know you panic and feel like you need to eat all the food straight away, I know you do this because your last owners chucked you out, and you were hungry, but we will always love you Rupert, you are our bunny forever, you're my whole wide world, I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have you in my life! From the moment I seen your photo on the RSPCA website, I just knew you were going to be my bunny... The lady said 'he doesn't do cuddles' but when she left us alone, you jumped into my arms, I know you felt safe, and you settled in so quickly.
I love your little mischevious side Rupert, like the time you climbed behind the boiler, and the time you climbed under the seat! You are hilariously funny.
Don't be scared of noises Rupert, they can't get you, I'll never let anything happen to you, I'll never let anything get you.
I am so proud of how you look after your Tia, especially when she feels poorly and scared, the way you cover her eyes and look after her is amazing.
I know you'd love to be a house bunny, and I'd love you to be a house bunny, but Tia wouldn't like it, and nanny will just moan at me and make me feel so sad. I hope you love your shed (I think you do) and you know my promise.... I'll get daddy to build you a bigger one!
Stay the way you are Rupert, you're amazing.
You give the bestest bunny cuddles, I love it when you think you're a parrot and sit on my shoulder and wash my hair! Please don't feel jealous of tia though, I love you both just the same amount!
Love you millions and millions and millions, forever!

Dear Poppy,

Stop pooing everywhere. I know there is another rabbit in the house & that it is 'your territory' I am trying to sort the problem.

All my love forever & always

Mummy.

P.S. You have been a star cleaning your bottom this week, keep up the good work, you and me both hate me having to do it for you.

Dear Poppy,

Stop pooing everywhere. I know there is another rabbit in the house & that it is 'your territory' I am trying to sort the problem.

All my love forever & always

Mummy.

P.S. You have been a star cleaning your bottom this week, keep up the good work, you and me both hate me having to do it for you.

That actually made me laugh out loud.

Dear Mylo,

We've only been together for 6 months but you have no idea how much you have changed my life for the better. You put a smile on my face every single day, even when you just sit there looking like a fluffy slipper. You make life worth living again and I would do absolutely anything for you, even if we do have no money. You won't give me cuddles but just giving you noserubs is enough to cheer me up, and then you return the favour which is even better. Although Daddy hasn't been too impressed with the number of wires and chargers you've nibbled through, he still loves you very much. I thought things couldn't get much better...

Then, 2 weeks ago, along came Barnaby - Possibly the most laid-back rabbit I've ever seen! When we first introduced you I almost had a nervous breakdown. Luckily, he was grooming you within minutes, despite you acting like a little madam as always, stamping your feet for no reason. However, you very quickly accepted this beautiful boy and our family was complete. Now you two are definitely Double Trouble, hiding under the bed in the spare room, chasing the cats out of our room, going nuts and almost tripping us over at feeding time... We couldn't possibly imagine being without either of you now. Even now I'm smiling, watching you snuggled up together in your litter tray.

All I can say is thank you both very much, and I hope we all have many happy years together :love:

Love always, Mummy & Daddy x x x x

ahhhhhh lovely replys guys! I love how some of us think we knew straight away which rabbit was ours. I wasn't even looking to get one when I saw Toasty, but there she was.... a little skinny, eye rolling dunn thing in amoungst floppy, fuzzy white cutey buns. And she just looked so ugly (cute-ugly!) that I knew no one would buy her (and then what would happen to her?? :( ) so I had to have her. And Im sooo glad I did because she's so beautiful and mad :D

ahhhhhh lovely replys guys! I love how some of us think we knew straight away which rabbit was ours. I wasn't even looking to get one when I saw Toasty, but there she was.... a little skinny, eye rolling dunn thing in amoungst floppy, fuzzy white cutey buns. And she just looked so ugly (cute-ugly!) that I knew no one would buy her (and then what would happen to her?? :( ) so I had to have her. And Im sooo glad I did because she's so beautiful and mad :D

Aww i know what you mean about just knowing, we seen Rupert's pic on the website on friday afternoon, but the shed wasn't ready yet.... the next day we were out all day and john said 'are we popping into the rspca?' (we were kind of passing) and i said 'no cos they wont let us reserve him, cos the shed's not ready and ill just be devastated if i see him and cant have him' (tears in my eyes saying it) and i cannot explain it, but i drove straight there, even tho i had no intention of going to rspca that day!!! and we'd been about 8 times up til then and not once had anyone asked us to fill in a form, or spoke to us or anything, but this day they handed us a form, and said go down to the rabbits.... we did, and there he was, but the lady tried to get us to have a pair of girls, and i was looking at them, but rupes was putting his paw thru the bars touching me.... i kept saying i want rupert i want rupert :D he was very popular, a few of the volunteers wanted him, but i reserved him that day, and there was only two single females, but a family had the choice the next day as they'd been in earlier, so i said ok, ill have to have whichever they dont choose, but id really love tia (my dream since i was a kid was a beige lop) the other family chose frenchie, and tia was mine! it was just all meant to be!

Dear Sebastian,

What's this mega moult about?! Seriously! Oh, next time I leave the run lid open please dont try and escape, it was very cute to look at but I almost had heart failure! Love you lots bunnyboy

Mamma x

Dear Imogen,

How awesome are you?! Letting me give you nose rubs, I'm not all that bad really am I ;) Onwards and upwards fluffy girl!

Love Mamma x

Dear Mae,

Miss you baby bear, hope you're having fun at rainbow bridge. Try not to bite people, its not nice :lol:

Love Mamma x

dear matthew, tabitha, charles and cecile,

hello my beautiful shiny bunkins! you are all sooo pretty! and six years old - doesn't time fly?
now, there are things i want you to do for me, and i'm putting them in writing so you don't forget.

first, secret toilets. no, i don't want one. and i don't want you to have them either. poo trays are for wee and poo. they are tidy, they can be emptied and cleaned. secret toilets are hidden and they make a mess. charles and cecile, your secret toilet was a masterpiece of disguise - it looked like the thinest layer of hay ever. but it wasn't. this has to stop, bunkins. poo in the trays. and don't wee over the sides. i know you're particular, tabitha, but it really does not help.

next, tabitha, i want you to stop eating matthew's food. he's skinny and you're ... well, you're just not. he won't come out to have extra dinner and you won't let him eat his own. yes, i know he's in excellent condition - but you aren't. don't point me to your silky, shiny coat, sparkling eyes and sharp toothipegs, mrs, because i can see your round fat belly just as clearly as you can see mine. so lay off the boy's grub.

and the main thing - all of you - is that when i finally dare to put you all together, you must love each other. i know tabby and charles have a secret thing going on already, but i want everyone to get along. no biting, fighting, clawing, boxing or nose-nipping (matthew! charles! are you listening?). what happens to bunnies who don't get along? is it... the pot!?!? no, no bunny hotpot or bunny pie for me. but you'll be much happier with more bunnies to talk to.

that's it for now. i may write again later...

bunnymummy

Dear Stephen,

I love you so much my darling little boy! I wish I understood you a bit more, and you understood me, but we will keep working together to improve on our relationship :) I love lying on the floor having cuddles with you and the way you lick my forehead is so cute! I love learning your little quirky ways and I cannot believe we've been together for a whole year!

We're going on holiday next week and so you are going away for a few days. Please don't be scared, we love you very much, you will be safe and looked after and we ARE coming back. We will both miss you so very much but you can't come with us :( I hope you are OK and I wish you could talk so you can tell me how you are looked after, and I wish you could understand that we are coming back and we'll miss you every day.

I know you don't like hay very much but you really do need to eat a bit more, I do get worried about your teeth sometimes, and I know you don't like the vets but she's there to look after you, honest.

Mummy and Daddy love you so much, and we're so glad you are with us. One day soon we will find you a wifey :)

Love you,
Mummy. :love:

Dear Boris and Bella,

Please don't think I've abandoned you or don't love you anymore. I do. I think about you every single day and wish I could be with you. But sometimes, hoomins have to leave their homes to go to something called University, to build a future for themselves. It's all so very complicated. But I guess what I really want to say is, please don't ever think that I left you behind because I wanted to. I'm still trying to think of ways you can come and live here with me, but I know it wouldn't be fair on you at the moment. It'll have to wait. It's a stressful journey and I want everything to be ready before I even think of bringing you here. I'm not even sure the lady I rent this flat from would approve of you being here, and in that case we'll have to wait a little longer. I hope I can go back home and visit you next weekend. Then we shall cuddle, loooads :love: I love you both so very much. Don't ever forget that.

Love and lots of noserubs,

Mummy.

Dear Rufus, my very special handsome boy,

what can I say that will make you understand what an important rabbit you were.
When I first saw you with your brother in the garden centre I never knew I would have the pleasure of caring for you for nearly 6 years. My hubby bought you as a surprise anniversary present and boy did I tell him off..even then I was pro rescue for any pet so was not pleased. As soon as you were old enough I got you neutered and went to the RSPCA to get you a wife, Daisy, who you loved very much.

You were not only stunningly handsome but a big soft wuss who loved your food and often got into places you shouldn't have been looking for something to eat.

You started my love of rabbits off again, ( I had owned bunnies in my teens ) and due to research when first owning you I found Rabbit Rehome..then RU, and saw the plight of so many unwanted rabbits. As a result of this Honeybunnies was born.

Sadly we said goodbye when you were 5 years old and Daisy never really got over losing you as although she rebonded it wasn't the same and when we lost her at 9 years of age I hope she somehow found you again.

To all my own rabbits, and all those that have passed through Honeybunnies, you are all special, all different little characters wrapped so beautifully in fur. You all have a place in my heart, but Rufus you have that extra special badge as being the true founder of Honeybunnies

Still think of you with a smile on my face xxxx

Dear Rosie,

Well you are 2 years old in a couple of weeks. And you have gotten cheekier by the day! Also, I know being stuck in the hutch when the weather is horrible isn't particularly fun but I am working on getting a run for you and Pebbles to play in 24/7 dude. But don't worry, when it is nice and sunny you will still be able to play on the grass :)
Also, I don't know why but thanks for being so nice and letting me give you nose rubs these past couple of days instead of attacking me. They aren't so bad are they lol.

And another thing, stop chewing on Pebbles! You're a freaking herbivore.

Lots of love my little diva

Mama x

Dear Pebbles,

Hey how is it going? You have been here for, what, 5 or 6 months? And you are settling in so well :) You seem to really enjoy living here. Always excited to see me when I come into the garden and you are just the friendliest little bun ever. Unless that's just you thinking I have Fenugreek Crunchies :lol: but oh well you still make me smile and giggle. Although scrambling over my legs when I have shorts on is really quite painful with your sharp nails :( But it's ok, I know you don't mean to do it and can't really do much about it.
I hope Rosie is treating you well, apart from the chewing obviously. Also, do you have any idea how long your coat will get this winter? I might have to invest in heat pads this time. And another also, who keeps unhooking the hay rack? Please stop doing that, you make a mess with all the hay (which you then urinate on!) plus you could hurt yourself

Much love to my special little fella

Mama x

Dear Carlton Jamal,

Stop trying to bite me when I pull the hair out of your butt, it's for your own good.

And you will be keeping that dreadlocks behind your ear because it fits in with your image so well.

Love, Your Hoomin x

Back