• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits bonding themselves

R.P.B.G.G

Mama Doe
We had Rio neutered 6 weeks ago on Monday, and in that time he has been free ranging by himself, everyday he would lay down by Lolas hutch and she would lay along side him inside, and visa versa, when shes out, she will lay along side him, and he would lay with her, often munching each others hay through the bars,
We decided we will try and bond them together once he was ready,
He is the most docile and friendly bun we have, more like a dog than a bun, and all you have to say to him is 'Time to go in Rio' and he will hop back into his hutch.

Well this morning I came downstairs and was told to look down the garden,
There was Rio and Lola laying on the grass munching together,
I asked mum if she had let her out and she said no,
She has a slide bolt on her doors so we are totally confused as to how she got out, but as they were getting on, we left them to it and they have taken themselves into Rio's hutch and are eating hay together,

So, do I just leave them to it?

Rio has not shown any interest in humping her, she has humped his face occasionally, but there has been not one bit of hair pulling, chasing, circling, they are inseparable already....

I had a pair of rabbits that bonded themselves, they spent the day in the garden then that night they both slept in one hutch together. From then on they were a happy couple:D

Thanks for that,
I think I am going to leave them to it, I have kept checking on them and they have been grooming each other, :love::love: so sweet,

All our bonds have been so easy, only had to split one as the doe got so unhappy she was losing weight, I think he was a bit boisterous for her as she is quite docile, but again, no fighting or anything, just didn't feel right leaving her with him as she was so unhappy,

Fingers crossed this will be another easy bond, with no fall outs.

I've had rabbits bond themselves - would watch them but leave them to it - they obviously like each other :love:

Bumble bonded himself to my Bridge bun Dylan and Molly. I still have no idea how he managed to get into their half of the yard - he is only partially sighted too. I always intended to bond them but Bumble got lonely and fed-up with waiting for me to get around to it so took matters in paw:D himself.

I left them to it.

Bumble bonded himself to my Bridge bun Dylan and Molly. I still have no idea how he managed to get into their half of the yard - he is only partially sighted too. I always intended to bond them but Bumble got lonely and fed-up with waiting for me to get around to it so took matters in paw:D himself.

Bless! :love:

My two, Charlie and Daisy, were this easy too. They had about a week of one being caged while the other free ranged around them, they layed next to each other through the bars. We did try a couple of days of 'neutral territory' in the bathroom but they were so problem free, we just left them out together in the end and that was that. Inseperable ever since!

I feel so sorry for those who have these long, protracted nightmare bondings.....I have been so lucky.....and was just the same with my last pair too.

Back