• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A Neighbour Just Called Round to Show me His Plums :-)

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
His first crop :thumb:

Rabbits066-Optimized-1.jpg

Well what did you think I meant !! :lol:

:lol::shock:

they look lovely. unusual to have four. don't hesitate, jane, take a nibble and report back - juicy or not?

They look lovely! :thumb:

We have a huge Victoria plum tree at the bottom of our garden and have had some very large crops off it - one year I was making a batch of jam every day; literally. Ended up freezing quite a few of the plums as we had too many - even after giving lots away too!

Sadly however the wasps like them too and last year's crop was ruined thanks to them. It looks like this year's crop is going to go the same way :( Really cross. I don't supposed if anyone knows (or your neighbour, Jack's Jane) what we can spray on the tree to keep the wasps away? It may be a little late for this year's plums though.

"JACK'S JANE IN NICE NEIGHBOUR SHOCKER!"

Since when did you have plum-sharing neighbours? I am so pleased, you've got some right nutters near you. How's the lady with the obsession with your lightbulbs?:lol:

Did you give them a good squeeze and is your neighbour handsome? :wave:
a couple of years ago my neighbour who is 80 climbed over the fence in just a tiny pair of shorts with a huge marrow!!

Back