• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone have a willow tree?

louise and Gus

Wise Old Thumper
I am hoping someone would be able to post me some willow leaves/twigs, Dinky can't have metacam as he has kidney failure so I though some willow may help him feel more comfortable?

Couple of questions for foragers out there, is any kind of willow good, eg weeping willow? Does the mild pain killer in it affect the kidneys at all?

It may be worth trying acupuncture, I use this in arthritic cats with renal failure an have found it very effective.

There is a weeping willow in my parents close and I've been raiding it to make willow hoops. I have some drying in my shed and Bunny has demolished one this week already.
If you still want some PM me and I'll see what I can do- Don't you have a local park with willow in it?

I'd check with your vet first, as the pain killer in willow is what was made into aspirin.

You might also want to ask him whether willow bark tablets would be okay, as that would likely be a more convenient method. They can be tricky to get hold of but a health food shop could likely get them in for you, or you could get them online.

I realise I have no idea about Dinky's situation but when I had a kidney failure bun we decided that the extra load on the kidneys was a necessary evil because passion relief was needed. The vet gave me a bag of fluids to give under the skin to support the kidneys while the metacam was given.

I didnt know willow had painkiller in it??
We have a big willow tree in our garden and the rabbits and g.pigs are always eating the leaves :shock:

I realise I have no idea about Dinky's situation but when I had a kidney failure bun we decided that the extra load on the kidneys was a necessary evil because passion relief was needed. The vet gave me a bag of fluids to give under the skin to support the kidneys while the metacam was given.

Wesley had Metacam throughout for the same reason x

I'm happy to send some too Lou, have two great big monsters on the corner of the lane which I pick from most of the time.

White willow is to be avoided apparently (read it somewhere).

Back