• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Off to the vets... again...

Pebblesetc

Mama Doe
Buckley has decided that eating is not a priority today. He's had some metacam and cisapride (vet gives me these just in case Buckley has an episode so that we can start treatment before the vet sees him).

I suspect it may be a combination of OH no longer letting him sleep in our room upsetting him (Buckley likes to sleep next to me and groom me while I sleep, OH doesn't like it because he's worried he'll hurt Buckley) and also teeth, just have a feeling that his toothypegs might be making mischief.

Off to the vets at 7. Hopefully the vet will be able to run some tests as this is the fourth time this has happened in not very long...

Vet gave Buckley an injection of metaclop and an injection of ranitidine. She wasn't the best vet at the surgery rabbit-wise, she was very reluctant to touch him, I guess a wriggly rabbit can be daunting even for the pros! Still, we have been given more cisapride and I managed to wrangle some metacam so we can take care of him at home.

Since coming home he's eaten some pellets, nibbled a raspberry, and eaten a fenugreek crunchie. He's surprisingly bright within himself; buzzing around and stuff when I'm there. Hopefully he'll bounce back. We still have our appointment with Jason on Sept. 10th for a check up.

The vet today didn't check his teeth or weigh him... I weighed him myself and he hasn't lost or gained so I'm happy to give him meds as the dose he's been given is based on the weight he has been for the past 12 weeks.

Back