• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

You know when you reeeally want to go away..

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
But can't trust anyone to look after the buns?! :(

My bf's dad is thinking about sending us on holiday for my bf's 21st birthday. Hamsters would be straight forward, Donny and Lola.. I would find boarding otherwise they wouldn't have their litter trays/fresh hay done everyday unless we sort the playhouse out before them which will happen! I could say they need their tray doing every other day for sure but make sure it is well topped up as well as the hay racks and things. Poppy can go back home and be in my room as she starts to smell if you don't do her litter tray and my mom won't mind. It's depending on any medicine she may have at that point but my mom and dad could do that anyway, if they could catch her :lol: Leo would be okay with my bf's mom sorting him out.

I think it would be too late finding boarding now anyway :? Bf's birthday is the 3rd of December and it would be after that.

I would worry too much :lol: And I'm really self conscious so think already too much on holiday :lol: when we went to Fuerteventura (August 2010) we only had Poppy and my brother and his friend cleaned her out because she was outside then and my dad fed her and did her water.

...Gah! I'll have to think about it.. I could ask my auntie to have Donny and Lola, they would have to have the 4 x 2 x 2 double hutch though, but 7 x 3 run.. and her garden is perfect bunny size and bunny proof! Might give next door something to think about! Even a 4ft hutch would be better than what he is in now :( she is always going on about having a pet but won't have the hamsters for a trial run, she freaks out when our cat looks at her and she's scared of Lola biting her :roll: she doesn't bite. Only shoes! I think their litter tray would fill up to the bottom of the ramp.. :lol: But if the playhouse is done I think my mom would find it easier. It's not exactly straight forward to get into their hutch atm!

I don't know.. :( I'll talk to my bf and mom about it. Maybe my sister can have the hamsters in her room.. and I pay her! She might freak out at Phoebe the tiny Titan :lol: My mom hates hamsters though:lol: but she wants us to go on holiday so maybe she'll change her mind. I only say my sister because her room is always closed so the cat can't get in. Same with my room if Poppy was in there actually.. I'll just forget to tell my mom there are mealworms in their food :lol:

Not much point to this thread really! Was easier to write it down than have it clogging up my brain! :lol:

Last edited:
Me and my husband are going away tomorrow for 2 whole nights, thats 48 hours without kids or animals.

The 4 cats, 2 rabbits and 3 fish have taken more organising than my 2 kids!

I have to leave a long list of pet instructions and also make sure all the animals are fine and sorted before we go. I have a really good neighbour who comes round but its not the same as me doing it, nobody can look after them as good as me lol:lol:

I am worried now though cos yesterday i saw one of my cats cross the road at the end of our cul de sac, i didnt even know any of them went that far. It really scared me, its not a major road but it is a bus route.

I have put a florescent collar on her with a tag and last night I got her insured. I cant make her an indoor cat as shes very independant, we have a cat flap and 3 other cats. I know shes probably been crossing the road for years and its just unlucky that i spotted her but I know i will worry all weekend. Shes out now and its in my mind constantly about where she is.

I know the feeling trying to organise the animals going away anywhere, still doesn't stop me wanting to extend the furry family though :lol:

Why would it be too late to sort boarding now?

I know the feeling trying to organise the animals going away anywhere, still doesn't stop me wanting to extend the furry family though :lol:

Why would it be too late to sort boarding now?

I've never put them in boarding before so I don't know if there is a waiting list before :oops: :lol: My mom said it would be fine her doing them if they have the playhouse anyway :D

Back