• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Flopsy and Tiny - 6hrs in! U/D Post 7

I started bonding Flopsy and Tiny this afternoon and 6 hours in I have some photos:D

ournummies032.jpg

ournummies035.jpg

ournummies037.jpg

ournummies040.jpg

Excuse the messy blanket, they've been in there 6 hours, I'm going to tidy it up before bed

I'm pretty pleased it seems to be going well:D

And a night on the sofa for me:D It will be worth it tho if they bond

Last edited:
After those photos they spent the next few hours sitting apart. When I turned off all the lights to go to sleep there was some thumping, so I had a little chat with them:D

After that it was ok although still apart, in the night there was some fur pulling tho not much, I'm not sure who it was, as I was half asleep but I think it was Tiny as the fur is black.

Now they have eaten and are laying apart again, so today I'm hoping for more postive signs:D

I had another chat with them, telling them how I want them to get along and love each other, and they both looked at me as if to say when are we getting out of this thing:lol:

And I feel really tired today but I don't care if they end up bonded:D

After the last post I decided to reduce their space back to 5 panels, they still sat apart, so I reduced it again to 4 panels. Poor things were squashed in there:lol: but it did get them snuggling again:D

After about 6 hrs I increased it back to 5 panels because they had so little room, they were still nice and snuggly so all good:D

Overnight they were fine, no fur pulling this time:D

All day today I've been waiting for the Happy Hutch to arrive. It finally arrived at 4.30pm, so I put it together and moved the buns into part of the hutch and blocked the rest off, so they have a 4ft x 3ft space now, and are looking happy:D

So I will take it slowly and let them have the rest of the hutch when they seem ready, and then the run, in sections.

They usually have free range time every day but have been stuck inside for 2 days, so I wanted to let them in the garden but just in the puppy pen I been using. Does this seem like a good idea or should I wait a bit longer?:D

Back