• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A new wife for Rupert

Minimallow

Wise Old Thumper
Due to India being put to sleep last week Rupert was very subdued and abnormally skittish. I've brought him inside and went with my friend to the SSPCA where I adopted a female rabbit called Rosie. I want to change her name to fit her personality so no idea what yet. They are side by side indoors for now and things are going well. I was unaware that they didn't spay or neuter buns at the SSPCA or give vaccinations so she's booked in for her op on Friday. She was all grunty and very defensive in the shelter but it wasn't aggressive. She tenses when you touch her but since being here she's happy to be stroked and is relaxing much more.
Rupert seems to like her which is the main point. I'll spend the time after her op getting them used to each other slowly before doing a bond once she's healed. Having to keep all windows open so they are still ok to move to the wendy house in a few weeks. Will post pictures soon. She's an agouti/chestnut colour and quite big.

Hope the operation goes well and she feels more able to relax afterwards. Vibes for a smooth bonding when she has healed x

Well done for adopting her! :D
Good luck with the spay on Friday! :wave:

Thank you Poly :wave:

Thanks a lot Liz. I normally would wait a bit longer but time is against me to get these two bonded and be able to go back outside before the cold weather sets in. Really nervous about Friday's op as usual but I've specifically asked for the vet i like the best to do her op as I know she'll be in good hands.

Back