• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Saw an unwell wild bun :( Myxi??

LittleEskimo

Mama Doe
Well my boyfriend and I popped to a beach in St Austell, Carlyon Bay, which he went to as a child a lot. We had a walk on the beach and there are these old ruined buildings all fenced off and everything which we looked around for a bit. Then the weather got horrible and started to get windy and rainy so we started walking back up the hill to get to the car. When we were walking up I saw this ball of brown in the road. As I got closer I could see it was actually a rabbit just sat there all hunched over and ears flat on his back. He looked like a stone at first. He just wasn't moving or running to the bushes and we noticed that he had these sores under his eyes. We walked past and into the car park, looked back and there were 2 children and a mum looking at the rabbit. And still the bun just wouldn't budge no matter how close they got. We got into the car and I said maybe we ought to wrap him up in my scarf and take him to the vets, because if it is a disease they might need to know where it has spread and they might be able to put him to sleep peacefully. We drove down the hill for another look and noticed he had actually woken up and was eating some plants. He was covered in flies and could barely walk or open his eyes :cry: I managed to get a photo just before he went to hid behind some grass

DSC00215.jpg

We drove down to the bottom car park and tried to find a local vets on Georges Iphone and we turned the car around ready to go past him again so that I could wrap him up in my scarf but by that time he had dissapeared into the bushes completely. I went and had a look for him but couldn't find him.

Poor thing didn't look well at all and wondering what it could have been wrong with him. I thought it might have been Myxi because of the sores. It was in Carlyon Bay which is just by St Austell I think

That looks suspiciously like a myxi eye to me from that angle :(

It could just be something else, but the likelyhood is myxi :(

Poor bun, yes I think likely it was myxi. Such a horrible and slow killer :( Hopefully a fox will get him so he doesnt suffer much longer.

Back