• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Almost 2 weeks, I'm hooked!

Shawsea

New Kit
Well it's been almost 2 weeks, no sign of lost bunny searchers so it looks like I'm stuck being a Newbie Bunny owner:D I have to say I never would've went out and bought a bunny, but now I'm hooked, it's so much fun watching her tear around, and I'm sure it will fade but the constant curiosity and exploring is hilarious to watch. I think the trust bridge has already been crossed as she hops up on everyone for a cuddle then ventures off for another adventure. Someone obviously "crate" (sorry dog lingo) trained her as when I bring her water dish back for the before bed change she follows me to her cage and hops right in. One quick question, so as not to make 2 posts, she sometimes does little test nips, not out of fear or lack of attention or anything, but more the way a Cockatiel tests your finger to see if it's a sturdy branch. Is there a way to stop this, or is it just regular behaviour. Please no Karen Pryor, yelp like your wounded and walk away comments, :roll:. I get enough Fur Baby comments on my dog forum.:lol:

Bunnies are great aremt they?? Her nipping might be Im your Boss, or Dont Overstep the Mark...
Other than that, enjoy her...perhaps get her a husbun for bunny company......??xxxx

Thanks for the reply ladies, I'll start with the nose rub haven't tried that before, she does get lots of head pets/scratches, and again analyzing through dog owner eyes, but it doesn't seem dominant or cautionary as she has done it from a totally relaxed "safe" position on my lap, and could very well be cleaning me after all my other animal interactions, squirrels, birds and the like.

glad you are enjoying your bunny. I don't think the novelty of seeing buns tearing around or just doing their thing ever wears off. Enjoy and maybe think about a companion. It is wonderful to see 2 or more of them just doing their thing together and just being bunnies. I have had bunnies for 12 years now and am still waiting for the novelty to wear off :lol::lol:

Back