• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Making progress with Bandit.

Barn Yard Bunnies

Staff member
Bandit must be the most shy bunny I have met. He doesn't like human interaction.

However, over the last month or so he has become more trusting. In the last week or so he will let me touch him. In the last few days he will linger and let me give him a few strokes before he runs off. It is very rewarding. :love:

Bandit must be the most shy bunny I have met. He doesn't like human interaction.

However, over the last month or so he has become more trusting. In the last week or so he will let me touch him. In the last few days he will linger and let me give him a few strokes before he runs off. It is very rewarding. :love:

Glad he's getting more interactive with you.

Jack was the same, he'd come running to you wanting to be stepped on :shock:
Then as soon as I'd reach to stroke him, he'd run away, slipping on the kitchen tiles or dining room laminate flooring :lol:

Glad he's getting more interactive with you.

Jack was the same, he'd come running to you wanting to be stepped on :shock:
Then as soon as I'd reach to stroke him, he'd run away, slipping on the kitchen tiles or dining room laminate flooring :lol:

Awww Jack. Do you know how he is going now ? Bunnies can be funny.

Bandit has no reason to be nervous with people but guess he needs to learn to trust.

Awww Jack. Do you know how he is going now ? Bunnies can be funny.

Bandit has no reason to be nervous with people but guess he needs to learn to trust.

No I don't, don't know how to find out :?

Hope he learns to trust you soon. :thumb::love:
Saw his pics recently with Cutie Pie :love:

Awww ... Bandir was always the shy one ... takes a long time to gain his trust ... but it will come ... and as you say its so rewarding :p

winning over shy or scared bunnies gives me such a good warm feeling :D

No I don't, don't know how to find out :?

Hope he learns to trust you soon. :thumb::love:
Saw his pics recently with Cutie Pie :love:

Thanks.

At least you know Jack got a friend and good home.

Awww ... Bandir was always the shy one ... takes a long time to gain his trust ... but it will come ... and as you say its so rewarding :p

winning over shy or scared bunnies gives me such a good warm feeling :D

So tempting to want to cuddle him, but I know it would stress him.

When I am standing in the room, folding up the washing or filling the litter trays with megazorb, he nudges the back of my legs. He will only come out from under the bed for me, no one else.

I have also never known a rabbit to eat so much, he has the biggest appetite.:shock: Huge.:lol:

Thanks.

At least you know Jack got a friend and good home.

So tempting to want to cuddle him, but I know it would stress him.

When I am standing in the room, folding up the washing or filling the litter trays with megazorb, he nudges the back of my legs. He will only come out from under the bed for me, no one else.

I have also never known a rabbit to eat so much, he has the biggest appetite.:shock: Huge.:lol:

awww my Cookie does that ... but i put my hand out to touch her and shes off like a shot .. :roll:

Believe it or not Gypsy was the most nervous shy bun ever when I first took her home. She would flinch and run away at any movement from me. I couldn't even scratch my nose :shock: or cough :shock: she was so skitish and wild. It took months to tame her. Part of the taming of Gypsy involved me sitting in the middle of the bunny room perfectly still covered in bunny treats :lol::lol::lol: She must have seen the late Bilbo going up to me and taking the treats and slowly got closer and closer.

You never would believe that she was the same bun pushing me out of my own bed :shock: and these days she nudges me and nips my ankles if I invade her space :lol::lol:

It's so amazing to see a nervous bunny gain confidence and to win the trust of a shy bun is the best feeling :love:

Back