• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone missing a rabbit? - Rabbit back with owner.

Bailey:)

Warren Scout
Hey everyone,

While I was finishing at work, my younger sister called me to say a rabbit was hanging around my own rabbit aviary. Unfortunatly when I got home it had got freaked out already and nipped back into the bushes. I can't see it now, and think it has gone through the fence into another garden.

My sister had gone out to try herd it away from my buns but my buns are sturdier than I give them credit for, they didn't even blink about the intruder :lol:. The other bun apparently was quite interested in them though, kept trying to nose its way in.

She tried to take it some food and said she got quite close but that is when it spooked. It is a fudge-like colour, with red colour eyes, they only have a picture taken from my upstairs window but will upload it soon!

I have put some pellets, a handful of veg out, a small apple strudel treat and some water. Hopefully I'll see some of it gone in a couple of hours and try to get it to trust me a bit if it turns up again.

If you know anyone who is missing a rabbit in this area let me know and I'll try to be of more help

Thanks

EDIT!!

It came back, looked out the window and it was munching the food. It has yet to take any food from me but it has gotten a bit closer to me and let me touch it for a sec. Got a video and a couple of pics but can't upload the video for some reason. I'm not awesome at identifying breeds but to me it looks like a rex cross or maybe even an actual rex. It seems tame enough, a bit scared though. Likes to rub its scent on my run! Has an interest in Bailey but Lola isn't getting near the poor thing lol

photoen.jpg

photo2bzm.jpg

I've put my carry case out there, hoping it will magically jump in! Will go out in a bit and see if it will come closer. Hopefully i'll be able to catch it, but since I gave away my spare run i'm not sure what to do if I actually manage to get it!

Last edited:
My neighbour let me borrow their small run to try and get the bun into. I got him in a while ago, he is so tame and lovely. However, it turns out to belong to rabbit 2 doors down from me. It is not the first time they have lost it and it makes me sad to see him go.

I heard them shouting about how he had no food in his cage again when they were back in their own garden. The woman actually said he'd been missing for 2 days, I don't think they care very much. He was such a lovely guy and it's great that he is back at his home now but I don't think that is the last I will see of him.

Just hoping they take a bit more care of him now :(

Aww Well done for helping him/her :thumb: Feel a bit sad that the owners don't seem too bothered though. Lovely looking bun. :wave:

Could you maybe get some info on Rabbit care (lots of people on here have it) and post it through their door? Are you able to offer him a home if they don't want him/her?

Poor thing could have been eaten by a fox or anything. The good thing is if he escapes again he will probably end up at yours in safe hands.

he's a beautiful bunny. and so intelligent - he left home where things weren't so good, to find your buns living in their aviary! i think he wants to move in...

I think he wants to move in too haha.

I'm thinking of going round to ask them a few questions about him, but they are the sort of people who are a bit.. well, loud and a bit scary!

I would love to offer him a home, he really did seem to like Bailey and vise versa. The only problem is my dear mum, would have to convince her but i'm sure it could be done :p. Would have to buy another run or something if I do till he can be put with mine.

The cost would suck, I know he isn't neutered because I could hear him oinking/grunting which probably means he isn't vaccinated as well.

Anyone have some advice on the best way to approach the people? If I can persuade my mum, do I offer to take him in direct conversation?

Back