• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I just realised... D:

supersonic

Mama Doe
I just realised that when I go to uni next year, imma have to leave Sonic! Unless the place I stay allow pets, but I highly doubt it :(
Thing is, my mum doesn't like animals and Sonic HATES my dad, he scrabbles when he picks him up and nips him when he feeds him when I'm away.

I don't want my rabbit to forget me, and I also don't want him to have to spend the rest of his life with my dad!

What can I do?!?

There have been a few threads on here about similar.

Lots of student accomodation will allow pets, just need to do a bit of extra digging.

Unfortunately (wrong word, but i dont want to sound pushy :?), having a rabbit is a lifelong commitment, i'd certainly start doing some searching now, so you are prepared for all eventualities, even if that means rehoming him.

heya

I went to uni and managed to jiggle everything ok heres what I did

I signed a contact for halls for 6 months.

Yes this meant I couldnt have at the time only Yuki for that duration but I traveled home to visit her as often as I could.

The six months allowed me to check out the area, look at agents and distances to uni etc... and make friends with some people at uni to make arrangements to move in with them and so I we looked for housing agents that allowed pets. Then Yuki joined me at university ^_^

University halls wont allow pets but some private landlords on the housing list might, ring around. There will be somewhere! Yeti spent 2 years with me at university, all of my house mates fell in love with her! she was like the house mascot :p What you have to think about though is the holiday times, have u got transport to take your bun home with you during the summer and christmas?
ooo and make sure everything is bunny proof, you dont want to loose any of your deposit!

Back