• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Roxie has a bath!

pinksparkles

Young Bun
This is my beautiful giant Roxie having her first bath! It went suprisingly well... although I did get soaked myself in the process!

roxiebathtime.jpg

Shes lovely :love:
Why did she need a bath. ?

Thank you :)

She's been getting a messy bum recently, she has been to the vet a couple of times for it, and we have done everything she advised, such as altering diet, feeding times, etc and the vet's last reccommendation was to bathe her in the antiseptic wash they use, so we are having a go! She's now cuddled up on my knee drying off!

Is she a house bunny? Rabbits don't dry so well and can get very ill if they get cold after they are wet.

Here is a useful link from the rabbit welfare association, please have a peek :thumb: http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/pdfs/BathingBunnies-RO.pdf

Hope she is well soon :wave: she is beautiful!

Yes she is a house bunny. Thanks for the link, I'll have a look now. I had a good read of the forum before bathing her as I wasn't sure about it, but the vet recommended it and I followed all the advice I could find, such as laying a towel so she couldn't slip and panic, and making sure the water was warm enough and not too deep etc.

She's drying off well now :)

Yes she is a house bunny. Thanks for the link, I'll have a look now. I had a good read of the forum before bathing her as I wasn't sure about it, but the vet recommended it and I followed all the advice I could find, such as laying a towel so she couldn't slip and panic, and making sure the water was warm enough and not too deep etc.

She's drying off well now :)

Sounds like you've done your research! :thumb:

Good that you are researching advice.:)
I hope the new diet helps her mucky bum problem. Bunnies can take so much looking after.;) :shock:

Good that you are researching advice.:)
I hope the new diet helps her mucky bum problem. Bunnies can take so much looking after.;) :shock:

Thank you - will be keeping an even closer eye on her as usual over the next few days!

As for taking lots of looking after, I definitely agree, too many people seem to think that a bunny is easy to look after - just stick it in a tiny outdoor hutch and leave it there :( Such a shame as it is unbelievable how much joy they can bring as house pets :) x

Thank you - will be keeping an even closer eye on her as usual over the next few days!

As for taking lots of looking after, I definitely agree, too many people seem to think that a bunny is easy to look after - just stick it in a tiny outdoor hutch and leave it there :( Such a shame as it is unbelievable how much joy they can bring as house pets :) x

Exactly. That's why RU is such a fab forum!

Back