• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snowy and Milly in for tests- terrible news.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
Our bonded, blind pair of rabbits are both in for tests and possibly dentals tomorrow. Milly is a lop who has been treated for E.c in the past, she is blind, did have hind leg paralysis and her renal perameters were raised at one point but dropped back to normal again. She has terrible teeth and needs regular dentals, however she has also developed a plaque type growth on one eye and it's started on the other one now, her eyes are also becoming weepy- so she is getting bloods done, a dental, tear ducts flushed and a proper look at these growths ( the vet wants to now there is no ulceration before using a steroid treatment)
Her partner Snowy is steady losing weight and is now very thin to my mind ( its hard to see as he is a cashmere lop), his teeth have been checked twice in the last 2 months and appear fine so I've booked him in for bloods and a full exam- x-rays and scan included if the vet sees a reason too.
I am very worried about Snowy, because they get ad-lib hay, a full bowl of rabbit royale to get weight on and I've also started to add young rabbit excel. He's not active but puts up a big enough fight at grooming time, so I really don't know what is going on.
They are both 6, so not youngsters.

Last edited:
its terrible news for both of them.
Milly's tooth roots are now starting to block her tear ducts, causing inflammation and infection. The vets cannot remove the teeth so we would have to go for a referral, obviously if we do this it means her bottom teeth would have nothing to wear down against and she would then need even more constant dentals.

Snowy is in kidney failure- I can't believe it, I haven't really noticed him drinking more or peeing more. We will try the same as we did with Thumper but to be honest for the first time in a while I feel hopeless.

its terrible news for both of them.
Milly's tooth roots are now starting to block her tear ducts, causing inflammation and infection. The vets cannot remove the teeth so we would have to go for a referral, obviously if we do this it means her bottom teeth would have nothing to wear down against and she would then need even more constant dentals.

Snowy is in kidney failure- I can't believe it, I haven't really noticed him drinking more or peeing more. We will try the same as we did with Thumper but to be honest for the first time in a while I feel hopeless.

I am so sorry hun *hugs*

lots of love and vibes being sent your way

Sadly I found Snowy had passed away when I went to check them this morning. It was not expected and he didn't look like he had struggled, still I wish I had been there to have avoided any suffering. This leaves Milly on her own, she she will now be a single house rabbit for whatever time she has left.:cry:

Sadly I found Snowy had passed away when I went to check them this morning. It was not expected and he didn't look like he had struggled, still I wish I had been there to have avoided any suffering. This leaves Milly on her own, she she will now be a single house rabbit for whatever time she has left.:cry:

So sorry :( xx

Back