• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feel so guilty :(

HoneyBear

Mama Doe
A few months ago my mum asked me if I could take on 1 of her friends house bunny as she was moving into rented accommodation and couldn't take him with her.
I said no as don't have any more room for an indoor bunny and wouldn't want to try and bond him to Alice and Bear.

The lady's mum and dad agreed to take on the bun in the end, and my mum went to see them today.
The man was feeding him biscuits :( My mum kindly mentioned he shouldn't do it and his response was "It's doing him no harm" my mum also said there was NO hay in sight and he was in a tiny indoor cage.

I feel AWFUL! I turned him down as I didn't think I could give him the best life but he would have had things much better with me, I feel like I've let him down and can't stop thinking about him :cry:

My mum knows more about bunnies than I do so she did let him know how to care for him better, but she said it fell on deaf ears :(
I mentioned to her about taking some leaflets next time she went but she didn't think they would get read but still worth a try I can't sit back and do nothing.

I really feel for you and I know that I would feel exactly the same. However if it is not right for you at this time then it is just not right. As we all know, taking on a rabbit is a huge responsibility and you have to think about the rabbits that you have already made a commitment too.

I agree with the previous post about perhaps educating the current owners of this bun. Fingers crossed that the bun will be given something slightly more healthy as a treat.

Back