• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

House Rabbit Boarding ideas - advice needed!

Hi! From experience, it's very hard to find suitable boarding for indoor rabbits, particularly if they are used to free-ranging. The bottom hutch with access to the extra area would be fab, but I would probably only leave mine for a few days in the upper two hutches with no free range time as I think they'd go nuts! 7 x 2 is a much better space than many places can offer though so I expect you would get a lot of interest.

I would probably only leave mine for a few days in the upper two hutches with no free range time as I think they'd go nuts! 7 x 2 is a much better space than many places can offer though so I expect you would get a lot of interest.

Yes the 7ft x 2ft would not be great for house rabbits, it was only the bottom hutch with extra area I was going to market as suitable for house rabbits. The 7ft hutches are already in use and are proving popular, it's just the bottom area which is a new idea. Thank you for your comments :D

It looks fantastic! I wish there were facilities like this near me.

At the mo I am looking after a friends guinea pigs and it's something i feel very uncomfortable doing so best of luck with your venture. I hope you get lots of interest - i am sure you will!!

B&G are free-range (they have a room to themselves) bunnies. When they go on their boarding holidays they go to The Rabbit Crossing, who also dont have indoor boarding but have a heated shed which is awesome with several 7x3x3 (i think) hutches. For a week or two that's fine and as long as they have their basic needs and more provided to them, i'm always chuffed. Helen (the owner of the rescue/boarding facility) is excellent and very well versed in bunny's, so i know they are in excellent hands.

Basically, what i'm trying to say is, accomodation is only a very small part of the boarding i look at.

If you were near me I would jump at the chance of allowing Stephen that much space. I looked around a lot of different boarders in my area and nowhere could have him indoors or free range. One lady said she'd clear him a space in her study but then wanted to charge me £7.50 a night and I'd have to take his own cage with him so she was basically just providing him with his food and keeping him company! Not impressed, so he has had to go to a cattery in a hutch.

I'm really worried about him, he hates being cooped up and so finding a place where he would have access to space like that would be wonderful. Around here the price seems to vary from about £3 - £6 a night, with the facilities at the more expensive places no different to the cheaper ones, and none are the best for indoor bunnies.

I would happily pay £4-£5 at the moment a night for somewhere like your accommodation, anything more than that would be a bit too expensive for me and I'd have to consider cost as well as facilities.

If you were near me I would jump at the chance of allowing Stephen that much space. I looked around a lot of different boarders in my area and nowhere could have him indoors or free range. One lady said she'd clear him a space in her study but then wanted to charge me £7.50 a night and I'd have to take his own cage with him so she was basically just providing him with his food and keeping him company! Not impressed, so he has had to go to a cattery in a hutch.

I'm really worried about him, he hates being cooped up and so finding a place where he would have access to space like that would be wonderful. Around here the price seems to vary from about £3 - £6 a night, with the facilities at the more expensive places no different to the cheaper ones, and none are the best for indoor bunnies.

I would happily pay £4-£5 at the moment a night for somewhere like your accommodation, anything more than that would be a bit too expensive for me and I'd have to consider cost as well as facilities.

Thank you for your comments!

I think it's fantastic. If you lived near me I would definitely use you.

I'm afraid I don't know about cost though, it's been some time since I needed to board mine (I'm very lucky that my Mum lives round the corner).

I am very overprotective of my housebun, he's very spoilt, and I would be happy with that.:D I agree that I look for other things too, my top ones are lots of hay (one place didn't give him any!) and fly screens or gauze between him and the outside world. I'd also want to be sure he'd b warm enough. Oh and I like to know there's at least two barriers (doors,etc) between him and the outside world - he's a bit of an escape artist!:lol:

Thanks, what size hutch/how much space do you get for this?

I think they are 4ft inside an air conditioned shed. The rabbits go outside in runs when the weather is nice and his garden is lovely. He has a nice apple tree and chops bits of for them to munch on and gives them dandelions etc. Only of course if the owner has said to do this!

Back