• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Insulating sheds etc

Kit06

Young Bun
Hello :wave: Is it ok to use hardboard (not mdf) to board over insulation in a shed? There won't be any corners for the buns to chew on. I would ideally use plywood but it's a bit pricey! Thanks.

we used hardboard to panel the bottom (still haven't gotten round to fix the shelves and top paneling) and have had no issues at all. The lino goes up the walls BEHIND the panels and the panels area an inch off the floor, so in case they do pee on the floor and close to a wall it won't seep up into the wall. No chewing, staining etc at all so far (it's been there for about 5 months).

I might use white faced hardboard when i do the full walls (wipeable) but it is more expensive ...

:p

You can use it inside yes, but if they do get at any corners they will just chew it to threads easily.

Back