• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Angoras

elaine

Mama Doe
I used to have a couple of these a few yrs ago and they were really big rabbits, this wk I have had one come in and it is so small. does anyone know if this is now the size, I might add he is a matted mess so is being dematted tomorrow and castrated

I think a lot of breeds must be getting smaller as breeders are trying to make them that way, small rabbits seem to be what people want to buy now.

There are different angoras. The smallest is the English, which is the most commonly seen in the UK. They are around 5 - 7lb but can be a bit smaller or bigger. The ones in my avatar belonged to my grandma's cousin, round about 1920. My own are a similar size, around 5lb. I have EAs from different breeders, one considerably smaller than the other two. So even within one breed, there is a variation. But there are also French (7-10lb) Satin (6 - 9lb) and German angoras (4lb - 12lb) as well as giant angoras (above 9lb). It is possible what you saw in the past were say, German Angoras, and what you have there is a small English. Or it could just be two different sizes within the range of Englishes.

Last edited:
Back