• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Awful awful experience last night, can't stop thinking about poor bunny :(

CrazyGal330

Warren Scout
Me and my partner were walking down my street on the way home about 8oclock last night, and we walked past someones front garden to see a young gorgeous white and brown rex rabbit sitting in the middle of their lawn nomming away. No fence, about 2 metres away from a very busy road that people often speed along. I knocked and simply pointed at the rabbit, absolutely furious. They said it wasn't theres, though they seemed to recognise the bun. We tried to catch it but all the front gardens are open along the stretch of road, we must have spent about half an hour chasing the poor bun up and down the stretch of road, another woman came out of her house when we ran through her garden, she too recognised the rabbit, though didn't offer to try and help. Eventually it ran into someones back garden. I knocked on the door and demaned to know why their rabbit was out on the street, but they said it wasn't theirs. Thankfully the woman was nice enough to let me and my partner into their garden to try and find the rabbit. It ran to the end of the garden, and they had big piles of essentially rubbish, old scaffolding, roofing, sheet metal etc. By the time I had moved enough to see under where he had ran I saw a hole in the fence it was all piled against, the hole leads onto the allotments behind the house, bunny no longer anywhere insight and it had pretty much gotten dark by this point.

The poor thing was only a youngster, can't have been more than 4 or 5 months old, and was absolutely gorgeous. I keep going over the night in my mind. I so thought I was going to catch him. I am so gutted. I may never see the rabbit again. Poor thing :cry: The other day on my road I saw an advert saying lost rabbit found call for info. Obviously someone has intentionally released this and at least one other rabbit :( :( I feel so responsible. I had a chance and I blew it. I know it isn't my fault, but just..... I feel so helpless.... oh god the poor bunny :cry::cry: People at the pub on our road were just sneering and laughing as we were chasing the bun :censored:

Hiya, can you go back and set up a trap, I've used cat traps to catch strays before xxxxxxx

I know how you are feeling, this happened to me at work the other week. I seen a bunny and tried to get it but it ran away :(

We just have to hope that it is from someones garden and goes back there.

which allotments were they? He may well hang around there. Its not too bad for foxes at present so if you can pop down to the allotments at dusk you may see him again. We caught Parsley after he was seen roaming allotments. and we have been brought other strays caught on the estate.

If you go up to the allotments today you may see some people and spread the word to watch out for him.

ps if you spot him again and think you might need help catching then ring us - i will pm you my mobile in case you no longer have it

I did think about a trap, I would very much like to go back again and have a wander around tonight to see if I can see him. Does the whole throwing a towel over them trick actually work? I can't imagine it would but just wondered. I don't have a trap, but I may be able to borrow one from a friend, they had a cat who went under the floor a lot, think they still have the trap. Thank you twigs, they were the allotments on Perne Road, I am not sure how big they are.

We used a fishing net on a long pole to catch a neighbour's rabbit once, I'm sure it has a technical name. It was a bit scary for the bun but safe and effective :thumb: The bun hated being handled so this way it didn't have to be manhandled and potentially hurt in a struggle.

We used a fishing net on a long pole to catch a neighbour's rabbit once, I'm sure it has a technical name. It was a bit scary for the bun but safe and effective :thumb: The bun hated being handled so this way it didn't have to be manhandled and potentially hurt in a struggle.

we hve one of these

are the perne rd allotment locked at night ?

Back