• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice please, Smoo ate some of a butterfly's wing

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
:?

I think it was in the spring greens. The greens had lots of holes in so I think a caterpillar was in there, cocooned and became butterfly and died in there. Smoo ate some of its wing while eating the cabbage.

Do I need to worry?

I doubt it, outdoor bunnies probably accidently nibble bits of insects all the time if they've landed in their hay or on the grass (and wouldn't be surprised if indoor bunnies did too).

I think it probably bugs us more than it does them. (Sorry...terrible pun!) :lol:
I find these stupid little black bugs in Mimzy's dandelions all the time...think they're called 'thrips'...crawly little things and washing doesn't always remove them. I fear they'll crawl out of the flowers and infest him. :shock:
I also found a bunch of slugs in some organic lettuce once. No way I was feeding him any of that! There's not an 'eeewwwwwwww' loud enough. :shock:
I suppose as long as an insect doesn't carry any toxins within itself it shouldn't harm the bunny.
Just tell Smoo there'll be an extra charge on her bill for the delicacy. ;)

Ummm, Tibbsy eats spiders. Live. :oops::roll:

I swear she deliberately chases them when she finds one in the kitchen, and noms it. Yeurch!!!!
I've only witnessed it twice, once a few years ago and the other day - she spies them before me, and I'm not quick enough to run over and rescue them.

Ummm, Tibbsy eats spiders. Live. :oops::roll:

I swear she deliberately chases them when she finds one in the kitchen, and noms it. Yeurch!!!!
I've only witnessed it twice, once a few years ago and the other day - she spies them before me, and I'm not quick enough to run over and rescue them.

:lol::lol::lol: Gross.

I wouldn't worry. You hear of all sorts of insects and large spiders found in salads and fruit.

I wouldn't worry. A big moth got in the hutch recently and Bramble just... well... ate it :shock:

I thought it might annoy her a bit but when it landed on her food bowl she just nommed it :lol:

My grayson ate a spider that was about 2 inches in length the other day! much to the cats disapointment, they had been stalking it, chased it straight into grayson and he ate it ha ! x

Back