• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Making jumps

Elena

Wise Old Thumper
Any cheap clever ideas for making jumps?

Nutmeg likes jumping on and over things but if I have anything with a lid Smudge jumps into the windowsill or to the pellets and anything too high and they can get to the desk. I found Smudge on the windowsill the other night despite their tunnel being quite a way away! So i thought little jumps, nothing too high obviously!, might be better.

I'm thinking something to jump over rather than onto if that makes sense! The tunnel that he jumped onto the windowsill from was about a foot high.

Unfortunately Smudge eats the green ones :roll: i was going to get a runaround one but the postage is horrendous, almost as much as a tube.

Unfortunately Smudge eats the green ones :roll: i was going to get a runaround one but the postage is horrendous, almost as much as a tube.

That was my problem!

Ebay have plastic tunnels now, old duct pipes from plumbing, you can get them random lengths from 60cm to 2m, i can find the link if you want?

That doesnt however solve your jumping 'over' issue. Biscuit likes to climb on things and jump over also, he randomly jumps up and over little stools, small cardboard boxes, tunnels, bridges, anything basically. I can show a pic of our setup (as it was as of yesterday) to show how we keep him busy if that would help at all?

Ooh yes please Graham! I don't mind them jumping over things, just not onto things. Their room looks a bit sparse because most of the things they like playing with involve jumping onto things, but if Smudge gets on the windowsill he eats the rubber seal, not good for his tummy or our windows!

Duct Pipe; http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=duct+offcut&_sacat=0&_odkw=plastic+duct+pipe&_osacat=0

Current BunnyRoom Setup (it was tidy until i let them back in :lol:)

IMG_5794Medium.jpg

FortBun;

IMG_5798Medium.jpg

One big box cut down with holes either side, then two avon boxes one upside down so they HAVE to jump into it to go through the tunnel. The two larger boxes at the end have a hole in the middle also, so they can go up and down etc.

Does that help or have i made stuff worse? :lol:

I think that helps! Unfortunately Smudge chews cardboard as well, I wouldn't worry but for his stasis history. That's given me an idea though of a couple of things that might work that won't be so high that he can get to the windowsill. I also had an idea of a couple of flowerpots and a stick to make some low jumps.

Back