• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lionhead owners

Georgeypudding

Wise Old Thumper
do your rabbits ever feel skinny after a moult?

Imogen feels skinny, but doesnt look skinny! :lol: Shes recently finished moulting, and she weighed a little under ideal at the last vet visit so I'm wondering if its just that shes moulted out :?

We're off to the vets in the next week or 2 anyway so she can be weighed there as I cant remember what her weight was

Jessie and Oscar are both moulting at the moment and feel a bit skinnier than normal, so I've upped their pellets a bit to compensate for it

OMG how funny I was also thinking this morning how thin bear looked and he has just been though the biggest moult known to man!
I've given him a few extra pellets and he's due a trip to the vet in next few weeks for vaccinations so will check his weight out then.

OMG how funny I was also thinking this morning how thin bear looked and he has just been though the biggest moult known to man!
I've given him a few extra pellets and he's due a trip to the vet in next few weeks for vaccinations so will check his weight out then.

Bear always reminds me of Imogen :love:

Im hoping its just a moulting thing then! :D thanks!

extra pellets do the trick :D

Oh believe me I've done the feeding up thing before! :lol: pellets are pretty magic arent they!

I had a slight panic that she was going to go the same way as Mae was (from 1.3kg down to 450g with no reason) but she seems to be putting the weight back on! She loves porridge :love:

424589_10151384756785558_1447318460_n.jpg

557439_10151384753520558_703674494_n.jpg

I think the thing is that moulting uses up a lot of energy and lionheads use a lot of energy maintaining their coats anyway, so moulting time is sort of a double whammy of fur-related energy sapping for fluffy bunnies like Immy.

She definitely looks like she appreciates the oaty treat! xo

Back