• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Something I Have Done Re Sir Victor

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
You may recall me mentioning that I have a mi miniature rose that I have sort of dedicated to the late Sir Victor. I am hopeless with anything plant care related and I had a great fear that my hopelessness would lead to the death of the Rose. Despite my attempts not to put too much emotional investment into it I know that should the Rose die I will be more than a little upset.

So I decided to dry some of the flowers and use them in a picture. Here it is

Rabbits062-1.jpg

I am struggling beyond belief with how losing Victor has effected me :cry: I am worried for Lady Lydia too, she is still not coping that well and she still wont tolerate being bonded with another Rabbit :cry:

Having saved the dried Roses I do feel less anxious about the actual plant succumbing to the effects of my incompetence. I have moved it into a larger pot outdoors now, it seems to be doing better there than in my kitchen.

:love: That is a lovely thought Jane and a lovely photo of him. I am pretty useless with plants etc so understand where you are coming from x

Thats lovely Jane and a much better idea even with a very green fingered person a storm or heavy frost could still have killed the rose whereas you now have a piece of it forever

that is beautiful jane.

roses will thrive outside. only if we have a drought (unlikely this year), then water it and move it into the shade if petals start getting dry edges.

and do move it inside when there is frost in mornings/ice, onto a window ledge.

What a brilliant idea, Jane.

I went to the funeral of a friend earlier this year. She died of cancer in her early 50's and was a warm, caring woman with a huge love of life. During the service it was suggested that we all buy a plant in her memory. I bought a miniature rose on the day of her service but, like you, I am hopeless with keeping plants alive. I will dry some of the leaves (the flowers have all died) and put it with a copy of one of her paintings that we were given.

I have been watching the rose anxiously as it doesn't look that healthy so thank you so much for the idea.

I love the way you have arranged the roses under the photo of Sir Victor. It looks very special - and fitting for such a magnificent bunny.

Binky free, Sir Victor xxx

Back